Tuesday May 25: Orioles at Twins

SteveA

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You're being ridiculous.

He's young, he has upside and he's under team control for years.  If you can't admit to that, then you're just being fussy and intentionally obtuse.

I am never intentionally obtuse,

All I’m saying, is that he has no trade value right now. By that I mean no one will offer anything meaningful for him. Anybody would offer SOMETHING for him, but nothing meaningful.

5 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

It took Arrieta almost 4 years in the majors before he figured it all out.  Both Kramer and Arrieta made their debut at age 24.

It has come out since how truly bad Rick Adair was as a pitching coach.  Not just Arrieta.  Britton corroborates.  And the fact that after we got rid of Adair he has never worked in baseball again says something.

https://www.camdenchat.com/platform/amp/2016/4/26/11506982/orioles-pitchers-arrieta-britton-pitching-coach-rick-adair 

Hopefully our current coaching staff is nothing like that.

Just now, Philip said:

I am never intentionally obtuse,

All I’m saying, is that he has no trade value right now. By that I mean no one will offer anything meaningful for him. Anybody would offer SOMETHING for him, but nothing meaningful.

And everyone else is saying that is completely, unequivocally wrong.  That he has plenty of current trade value based on his potential and his career numbers   

So you aren't going to convince anyone, and no one is going to convince you.  You can keep repeating it but it won't make it amore true.

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I see a fastball that's straight as an arrow and sits around 93-94.  The breaking/offspeed stuff is decent.  I'm not saying he has bad stuff, he doesn't.  Arrieta's was just better.

Arrieta stuff got better later on in the majors.  Arrieta had 52. strikeouts through his first 100 innings pitched which was his rookie year.  Kremer had 54 strike outs in his first 52 innings.  Now times are different but it does show his stuff is just as good early on in career. 

• Upvote 1