Thursday, May 27: O's visit first place White Sox for first of 4 games, weather permitting

SteveA

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

At this point, why not both?

I’ve been screaming for catching replacements since before the start of the season, but for some reason Mike said yesterday that there were no catching changes planned, which makes me think he has some weird fetish about pain and misery. Either watching it or inflicting it or both

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

What relievers would you have brought in?

Didn’t you already asked me that? I said I had no problem with Tate But I didn’t want to bring in Scott and I would not have. As a matter fact if I am the boss I never bring in Scott unless we’re down 10 or up 10.

I’d rather Stevie pitch.

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Walk Mercedes and get Valdez out of there. Obvious move.

And you still won say who you want to bring in.

People who want to criticize the manager, yet all they can contribute is to say "get him out if there" without saying who they would bring in, really annoy me.

• Thanks 1

0 for goddamn 10 with runners in scoring position. 3 for 34 since Monday.  This is so freaking ridiculous.  The stats guys say there is no real clutch ability, you should hit about the same with RISP or without it, so how the HELL can this be happening.  It has to stop.  We are a bad team.  Maybe we are just a .220 hitting team when all is said and done.  But a .220 hitting should still get 7 or 8 hits in 34 at bats with RISP.  This is beyond ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

People who want to criticize the manager, yet all they can contribute is to say "get him out if there" without saying who they would bring in, really annoy me.

I would have preferred Tate staying in it that point just because he was fresh.

16 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The obvious answer is “someone else,” I actually don’t know who he is referring to regarding “get him out of there”

I was in support of pulling Zimmerman after five, and I had no problems with bringing Tate, I would not have brought in Scott under any circumstances, I am unsure whether I would’ve let Tate try and finish the inning, So I can’t honestly say definitely what I would’ve done there but if I had brought in someone else to replace Tate it probably would’ve been Sulser.