Orioles bring Taxi Squad back, 3 pitchers and 1 catcher

Legend_Of_Joey

After going through most of the pen last night and having a “bullpen game” tonight, having some extra pitchers is good. I believe Mattson is the only one currently on the 40.

Ciuffo there is interesting. Earlier, you HAD to have a catcher. Ciuffo just got back from a broken hand and has been hitting good in Norfolk (which seems to be happening with everyone at some point,) while Wynns has struggled at the dish and starts tonight. 

Based on how tonight goes, expect quite a few moves tomorrow.

• Legend_Of_Joey changed the title to Orioles bring Taxi Squad back, 3 pitchers and 1 catcher

I think this is more of a paper move then anything.  You move a bunch of guys up to higher levels someone else has to move up to or release someone, or send someone down.  If you Maputo them on taxi squad it lets you juggle the numbers a bit better.  The one move that interests me to this is Ciuffo.  That doesn’t leave lot depth at Norfolk catcher wise, we trade one, Sisco was taken by Mets and now Ciuffo not in Norfolk.  I think we are starting to see some smoke on horizon.

5 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I think this is more of a paper move then anything.  You move a bunch of guys up to higher levels someone else has to move up to or release someone, or send someone down.  If you Maputo them on taxi squad it lets you juggle the numbers a bit better.  The one move that interests me to this is Ciuffo.  That doesn’t leave lot depth at Norfolk catcher wise, we trade one, Sisco was taken by Mets and now Ciuffo not in Norfolk.  I think we are starting to see some smoke on horizon.

Could be. I think if you bring anyone on the Taxi Squad still, you need a catcher so it could be nothing.

Or could be something.