Predict the Pick!!!! Your prediction with #5 overall pick here:

I think the Orioles go underslot with #5. I'm not sure if Davis would sign for a decent underslot at #5 or if they'd have to go with Cowser to get a significant savings. I think there's enough uncertainty with HS guys in the 15-40 range and the Orioles will have their hearts set on a couple with their second pick. So they'll get the college bat they want with #5, and then possibly take a HS position player with their second. Kind of similar to the Adley/Gunnar draft.

With the idea that Mayer goes #1 and Leiter and Lawlar are gone before we pick, I'd prefer:

Henry Davis

Kahlil Watson or Brady House 

then Harry Ford or Colton Cowser

HS picks can have a higher ceiling, college guys give you substantially more data to help with a decision. I think Davis gives the highest floor/most security with the pick with Cowser very close to the same. Watson, House and Ford likely have more upside but there's less information available and probably a year added to MiLB development and more risk.

Jackson Jobe gets glowing reviews but he's still a HS RHP and I don't want to bet that he beats the odds for a HS RHP. I'd feel better about betting on a Jobe when the system is fully stocked, not now.

• Like 1

I have two scenarios for the top 4 picks, which kind of plays out for who I would take 5.

-Mayer, Leiter, Jobe, Lawlar = Benny Montgomery for the Os-Under slot *Hot take of the day*

-Lawlar, Mayer, Leiter, Watson= Jackson Jobe for the Os

Round 2-Desperately hope Chase Petty is here, but if not Lonnie White-over slot

Comp B-Tyler Black

Round 3-Chayse McDermott

Round 4-Jacob Steinmetz

Round 5-Logan Cerny

Final answer

On 7/8/2021 at 11:41 AM, Sports Guy said:

Well, I'm not sure Jobe is going to demand top 5 money.  He is probably looking at 4-5M.  If he were to drop (and again, I don't think this scenario is realistic) to the 41st pick and the Os offered him 3M, I find it hard to believe that he goes to college.  He may and if so, so be it.  I would take the risk.

Jobe could go number 3. If he is available at 5 you take him. 

On 7/8/2021 at 10:45 AM, osravensfan78 said:

I’m going to guess Davis or Watson in that order. I think Lawlar will be in the board and we will pass. 

I think Lawler is off the board and could go number 1. 

• Upvote 1

Matt McLain, UCLA. Position of need, really improved offense in the last couple of years, ready for the big leagues quickly.

Sign him for under slot , that gives you lots of money for A potential winner in the second round.

However, I have read that this is a week draft class, so they might not think there’s anybodySpecial in the second round,, but in a few hours we will know.