Sunday August 8: Orioles vs Rays

SteveA

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

Yes it was weird because the play was in front of him the whole time and it was not even close.  He was easily out.  Odd.

And he's struck out both times since the base-running blunder.  Threw his bat and helmet down in anger.  Methinks Trey could use a few days off.  

Just now, SteveA said:

Who do you trust in the pen at this point?

What a relief (haha) that we don't have to call in anyone! Jorge does a fine job: 90 pitches, 4 hits, 2 runs, 5 Ks, 2 walks. Now let's see if the bullpen can hold the lead. Wd be great if the O's can add 3-4 more runs....

Just now, Gurgi said:

Well that will work.......Lopez is a mystery why his stats are so awful.   He seems to have solid stuff

He really does.  Getting through that 5th inning was big.  If he can do the 6th, I'll start thinking there's hope for him.  

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Well that will work.......Lopez is a mystery why his stats are so awful.   He seems to have solid stuff

Yeah he actually showed an impressive repertoire of pitches that inning and wasn't afraid to use all of it.

Just now, Ruzious said:

He really does.  Getting through that 5th inning was big.  If he can do the 6th, I'll start thinking there's hope for him.  

I doubt that Hyde brings him back out. We shall see.

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

Lopez threw 106 pitches last game.  No reason he can't pitch the 6th today.  

That might be exactly why he doesn't pitch the 6th today. I'm fine with him starting the 6th, but I hope Hyde isn't slow to warm up someone in the pen at any early sign of trouble.