Tuesday, August 10: Tigers in town

SteveA

6 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

The first thing he talked about was getting Zimmerman back as soon as possible. Very telling.

Zimmerman had 5 no hit innings in Norfolk tonight.  Starting on the same day as Akin.  It's pretty darn obvious that Zim will take Akin's place in the rotation, and probably on the roster, Sunday.

22 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Santander is not healthy enough to be playing in the outfield.

I thought that when he first came back and for a long time after, as he was clearly limping. If he was playing, I thought it should be at DH. But as bad they are, there was really no reason to bring him back when they did. 

However, he’s looked much more comfortable in the box when hitting. That last play he caught coming in, gathering himself to make the catch, not easy to do on a bad ankle. 

And again, in the box, difficult to turn on balls when you have a bad ankle.

I’m not watching and I’m not listening anymore because the Newman Is unlistenable, and the team is unwatchable, so I’m going to follow Seattle in Texas tonight.

However, I continually fail to understand why they conduct interviews during the game. Interviews are for after the game or before the game, not during the game. When you conduct an interview during gameplay you are admitting that the gameplay is itself boring. “The people won’t listen to the game so we have to give them an interview instead.” That is the dumbest way to promote your product. So they hire lousy announcers, they have lousy camera work during games, and they conduct interviews during game action.

It’s just incompetence.

And good luck getting Mike to answer a meaningful question, or even getting one of the beats to ask one.

• Upvote 3