Best farm system in baseball?

ArtVanDelay

Per fangraphs, there isn't really such a thing as a 65, at that level you don't need the differentiation (because you have fewer players). So for a position player a 70 FV grade is someone they except to avg 5-7 WAR over their first six seasons, essentially a top 10 overall position player 

for a pitcher a 60 FV 

#3 starters, 3.30 FIP, volume approaching 200 innings 3.5 to 4.9

a 70 FV would be 

#2 starters, FIP under 3, about 200 IP 5.0 to 7.0
Edited by seak05
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Per fangraphs, there isn't really such a thing as a 65, at that level you don't need the differentiation (because you have fewer players). So for a position player a 70 FV grade is someone they except to avg 5-7 WAR over their first six seasons, essentially a top 10 overall position player 

for a pitcher a 60 FV 

#3 starters, 3.30 FIP, volume approaching 200 innings 3.5 to 4.9

a 70 FV would be 

#2 starters, FIP under 3, about 200 IP 5.0 to 7.0

Fangraphs graded Adley a 65 at the beginning of the year before they moved him to 70.   Last year, Jo Adel was rated  a 65.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Fangraphs graded Adley a 65 at the beginning of the year before they moved him to 70.   Last year, Jo Adel was rated  a 65.   

I'm quoting them ?‍♀️, and they don't have a 65 on the FV chart, maybe they use it occasionally for ranking purposes  

3 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

1 seems high. I see two potential all stars and then….

There's a difference between "projected" and "potential." There are a fair number of guys with All-Star potential, but only a select few come out of the minors with those kinds of projections already on them (like Rutschman).

Edited by CompuCoach

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Idk about this ranking. The Kjerstad and Hall situations are huge blows right now. Unfortunately we may not find out a firm update on either of them until the start of ST 2022. 

Yeah, I don’t make too much of it either.   I certainly think we have more interesting prospects now than we’ve had in a very long time.   But prospects often don’t pan out as expected, while others overperform, so I just don’t put too much stock in these rankings.   

15 hours ago, CompuCoach said:

There's a difference between "projected" and "potential." There are a fair number of guys with All-Star potential, but only a select few come out of the minors with those kinds of projections already on them (like Rutschman).

Fair point. This whole exercise is subjective, but I feel like our list of top guys isn’t as impressive as the Braves/Dodgers/Padres from recent years.