Is our Farm system really near the upper eschelon?

doccat

I'm very encouraged by the batting eye that some of our guys have at Bowie.  

Patrick Dorrian is only batting around 240-250, but with an OBP of 380+, and he has some pop.  I don't know how he is in the field, but if he's serviceable or better, I could see him has a good solution for 5 sometime next year.  

Grenier isn't hitting really well, but his OBP is close to 100 above his average, and may be a good utility guy in the future.  

Terrin Vavra looks to be the 4 of the future, but he needs to get/stay healthy.  

Kyle Stowers looks like a legit power OF, and also has a good batting eye.  

You gotta give credit to the development staff and to Buck Britton. Bowie has a lot of guys who are patient at the plate, who I am very excited to see in Baltimore in the future.  

Edit: I hope that Buck Britton eventually becomes the Orioles manager. And maybe after Zack retires, I would love to see him come back in some capacity as a coach. Both guys have been very valuable to the Orioles.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

BA moves us up to no. 2.   

Notes:

Top 100 Prospects (4): Adley Rutschman, C (1); Grayson Rodriguez, RHP (9); DL Hall, LHP (43); Gunnar Henderson, SS (85) 

“This is the highest-ever ranking for an Orioles' farm system. The development of RHP Kyle Bradish and 3B Jordan Westburg has helped bolster a top-heavy system led by baseball's No. 1 prospect, C Adley Rutschman.“

Thought the blurb was interesting. Westburg and Bradish are guys that get a lot of praise here but not so much in national media. I still think Cowser is a better prospect then some of the back end top 100 guys so hopefully he shows well in Delmarva.