Is our Farm system really near the upper eschelon?

doccat

I see Rodriguez, Rutschman, and maybe Hall/Baumann if they stay healthy, and maybe Cowser...   

I know there is a huge 2nd tier that might be good one day (Westburg, Henderson, etc.)...

Does that really set us apart?   I imagine every team has 2-3 top guys and a ton of maybe-good-one-day types....   ?

18 minutes ago, doccat said:

I see Rodriguez, Rutschman, and maybe Hall/Baumann if they stay healthy, and maybe Cowser...   

I know there is a huge 2nd tier that might be good one day (Westburg, Henderson, etc.)...

Does that really set us apart?   I imagine every team has 2-3 top guys and a ton of maybe-good-one-day types....   ?

Neustrom is close in AAA and Stowers in AA. No SP's have really stepped onto the prospect scene this year except for the guys you listed. Hall and Baumann are iffy because of injuries. 

16 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Neustrom is close in AAA and Stowers in AA. No SP's have really stepped onto the prospect scene this year except for the guys you listed. Hall and Baumann are iffy because of injuries. 

Drew Rom is 10-0 with a 3.05 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, 9.7 K/9 2.4 BB/9 at age 21 between A+ and AA.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Drew Rom is 10-0 with a 3.05 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, 9.7 K/9 2.4 BB/9 at age 21 between A+ and AA.

Great numbers, If he does that in AAA then that will put him on the prospect scene. At least for me. But everyone's standards are different.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’d be sitting real pretty if Kjerstad and Hall weren’t hurt. 

But they are.   And it’s a problem when two of your top 5/6 guys are not only hurt, but subject to long term questions about their health, which I’d say is true for both players.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

But they are.   And it’s a problem when two of your top 5/6 guys are not only hurt, but subject to long term questions about their health, which I’d say is true for both players.  

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’d be sitting real pretty if Kjerstad and Hall weren’t hurt. 

We don't know what we have in Kjerstad even if he were healthy.

We have two of the top prospects in baseball, including arguably the top overall prospect, and the top pitching prospect, plus several other top100 prospects. I think some of you all have a skewed perspective of other teams farm systems, if you don't think the Orioles are "upper echelon" (top overall is a different issue) 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, JustLearning said:

Kjerstad I think showed up for FCL, but he has a real health issue. It may take him another year to make it to A league. Hall is resting a hamstring but they did play him the other day. 

Kjerstad is down there? Not seeing anything about that or Hall playing.

34 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Kjerstad is down there? Not seeing anything about that or Hall playing.

Two different Halls.   Adam Hall is back to playing, DL Hall is not.   

Kjerstad may be in Sarasota but he is not doing baseball activities yet.  

18 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

He's completely ignored in terms of prospect status. What does he lack besides above average velocity? Seems to have pitching smarts and said to be athletic.

Would any of the performance programs that John Means attended in the past help with his velocity?

Edited by Chaka Garcia