Per Roch, more promotions coming

Legend_Of_Joey

I haven’t seen a list anywhere and rosters aren’t updated yet. Hopefully more information comes out tomorrow on the “Minor League Off Day.”

Someone else mentioned Coby Mayo moving up to Delmarva and someone else mentioned how a bunch of “big names” at the FCL were conspicuously absent over the weekend.

• Upvote 2

Interesting given Burch's stats at Aberdeen so far.

4 IP.   2 ER.  6 K's.  1.500 WHIP.    Guess if you combine it with his numbers at Philly's high A affiliate it's not bad.

Here is a fascinating tidbit in Roch's article this morning:

"The Orioles are expected to announce more minor league promotions today, including pitcher Tyler Burch going from Aberdeen to Bowie and third baseman Coby Mayo going from the Rookie-level Florida Complex League to low Single-A Aberdeen."

hmmmmmm

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Interesting given Burch's stats at Aberdeen so far.

4 IP.   2 ER.  6 K's.  1.500 WHIP.    Guess if you combine it with his numbers at Philly's high A affiliate it's not bad.

Here is a fascinating tidbit in Roch's article this morning:

"The Orioles are expected to announce more minor league promotions today, including pitcher Tyler Burch going from Aberdeen to Bowie and third baseman Coby Mayo going from the Rookie-level Florida Complex League to low Single-A Aberdeen."

hmmmmmm

Just a mistake on Roch’s part, I assume.  I’m expecting Mayo in Delmarva.  

I’m impressed. Three levels this year for Westburg and Mundy. All three 1B (Dashbach, Mundy, Bowens) moved up a level at the same time. 

These full season clubs are going to really fun to follow over the last bit of the season.

There is a little bit of a log jam in the IF at Bowie now. I could see Grenier playing some 2B to accommodate Westburg. Unless promoted to Norfolk, it looks like Welk/Dorrian may lose some ABs or rotate through DH. Other than Catcher, Bowie has a full lineup of legit prospects now.

To clean the log jam up I’d like to see us DFA Franco and play Leyba. I think Leyba has proved just about all he can in his years in AAA. It’s sink or swim time over the rest of the season. Then Dorrian should get the promotion to AAA. I could see Grenier to AAA as well to be their everyday SS. 

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Excellent news!    I have some real interest in checking the Delmarva box scores again.   :)

Really interested to see how Westburg and Mundy handle AA pitching.

That’s the real test.  Been looking forward to these promotions in particular. 

Westburg really becomes a very real prospect and a guy who could be in the majors soon if he can continue to play at a high level in AA.

Really stoked for Westburg and Mundy. Thought it was unlikely they’d make it to Bowie but I’m thrilled they are. Gives them an opportunity to fight for the playoffs as well which, while mostly meaningless, has to be awesome for the players. Baseball America just released their updated farm rankings and the Os are all the way up to #2. They mention Westburg specifically as a factor for the big jump. Really interested in their updated scouting report on him.