Per Roch, more promotions coming

Legend_Of_Joey

41 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Corresponding moves...

No real surprises here other than Ryan Ripken found a way to stay employed. I'd take Majias-Bream over him due to his versatility at AAA. Kehe can now go focus on his mining career even though it was cool to have someone drafted from the Colorado School of Mines. Lewis is the guy you want if you need someone to beat up FCL pitching but he will always have that 442 foot home run in Delmarva to remember. Litscher and Zebron were guys who's velocity just never came. Erwin had a nice org career as a 23rd round draft pick.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No real surprises here other than Ryan Ripken found a way to stay employed. I'd take Majias-Bream over him due to his versatility at AAA. Kehe can now go focus on his mining career even though it was cool to have someone drafted from the Colorado School of Mines. Lewis is the guy you want if you need someone to beat up FCL pitching but he will always have that 442 foot home run in Delmarva to remember. Litscher and Zebron were guys who's velocity just never came. Erwin had a nice org career as a 23rd round draft pick.

Its the same way has he's used for a year or two now: his dad. 

I'm sure some of the guys we let go are better than Ripken, but none are big leaguers. I'm not going to get too concerned about it until we start losing guys that may have a shot in favor of Ripken. I expect, perhaps over the winter, the Orioles and Ryan figure out a way for him to transition into being a minor league coach or something.  

53 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Agreed.  If they want Westburg at SS and Henderson at 3B, then play them there.  Get them the reps.  There is no good reason I can think of to keep bouncing them around.

Maybe one gets injured or turns out to suck. Anyone who can play SS should play SS IMO. Imagine if Cal had never been given the opportunity because he was thought of as a 3B. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I remember Zebron had a nice debut season in the GCL (2.97 ERA) alongside Rodriguez and Rom and I was kind of disappointed when he repeated the GCL the next year (to a 1.31 ERA).     He hasn’t done much at Delmarva, so I can’t really argue with his release.   I remember Tyler Ervin having a pretty good season a few years back too (1.58 ERA and 18 saves for Frederick in 2018).   Good luck to both of them.   

As to Ripken, it’s pretty ridiculous.   If we want his name in the org, make him a coach or something.  

I'm almost starting to think Ripken is being kept around just long enough to get a token September callup.  Maybe not Sept 1, maybe the last homestand.

Are they misguided enough to think that it would bring a few thousand extra fans out to the park the night he makes his debut?

Just now, SteveA said:

I'm almost starting to think Ripken is being kept around just long enough to get a token September callup.  Maybe not Sept 1, maybe the last homestand.

Are they misguided enough to think that it would bring a few thousand extra fans out to the park the night he makes his debut?

I've learned never to say never with the Orioles, but this would show a serious detachment from reality. You might get members of the Ripken family and personal friends to show up and watch, but that's it.