Will the O's win one before they lose the next 7 straight?

interloper

7 more consecutive losses to break the record: will the O's win before then?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. 7 more consecutive losses to break the record: will the O's win before then?

10 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

I think we win two of the next six. We aren't going to have a 20 game losing streak and a 15 game losing streak in a season, the odds of that have got to be a million to one. 

Well, you are right that won’t happen, because the previous streak was 14, not 15.   But once you’ve lost 16 in a row, your chances of getting to 20 are like 24%, assuming a true talent .300 team.  

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, you are right that won’t happen, because the previous streak was 14, not 15.   But once you’ve lost 16 in a row, your chances of getting to 20 are like 24%, assuming a true talent .300 team.  

The way we've been playing, dropping infield flies, never hitting the cutoff man, who half the time isn't in the right spot anyways,  NEVER hitting in the clutch, with RISP, pitching handing out HRs like Rockefeller handing out dimes to poor children. You think we're "a true talent .300 team"?

I don't.

33 minutes ago, scOtt said:

The way we've been playing, dropping infield flies, never hitting the cutoff man, who half the time isn't in the right spot anyways,  NEVER hitting in the clutch, with RISP, pitching handing out HRs like Rockefeller handing out dimes to poor children. You think we're "a true talent .300 team"?

I don't.

You’re mistake is, you’re actually watching the games. 

I’m not. 

I have a strong feeling tomorrow is the day.  Off day today at home to clear their minds, Angels are traveling across the country, Dylan Bundy looks like the very HR prone pitcher we traded away, O’s actually played much better against the Braves, still no Rendon or Trout for the Halos, and they looked terrible getting swept by the Indians/Guardians.  If it’s gonna happen it’s tomorrow.

Edited by fitzi22

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• That above scenario is the only reason I could see us keeping Urias right now. Would we want to lose a close playoff game because we pinch hit for Mateo to tie a game/get the lead, but lose the game because Mayo isn’t the defender Urias is.  We have options after we trade Urias, 1. Just simply have Holliday on the playoff roster. If Mateo is pinch hit for, then Holliday just comes in at 2B. 1-1 substitution keeping Westburg at 3B. 2. We make a small trade for a defensive wiz that can play 3B and stash him on our roster and make sure he’s playoff eligible.  Either way, this is a likely scenario in the playoffs, but it’s fixable. Get Mayo up here. 
    • Etzel is carrying the class in terms of early production. He’s already in AA Bowie. He’s not a little guy either for a CF, which you would think with him being a 10th rd pick. He’s 6’2” 200.  EBJ I feel like is going to frustrate us because he might be the Jorge Mateo of CF.  Casual fans don’t like that, but our lineup is poised to carry a GG level CF with elite base stealing/base running.  I’ll lump Josenberger and Vasquez together at the moment. Both are guys with 30+ SB, but in that .670 OPS range in A+ Aberdeen. Again, just like EBJ, can they get that OPS up enough to be playable offensively. I do not know about their defense. Can Josenberger play CF  in pro ball?  How does Vasquez look at SS? Urman and Cunningham are struggling. Horvath hit just .199 in April and May.  He got off to a slow start and hit the IL for a bit. He’s really come on recently.     Thoughts?  
    • I guess it comes down to how much they like him and if they can agree on a dollar figure.  Someone said he was going to be in the mlb draft league but I didn’t see him listed on any rosters.
    • FIP doesn’t suggest anything. 
    • No matter what?    Lol Yeah, he could start against LHP.     
    • If that is the only penalty, then if we like him, why not?  I believe we drafted Fabian after he didn’t sign with the Red Sox the previous year, and gave him 300k.  If we like Lott, then we can find the savings somewhere else in the draft.  We’re going to be picking late in the next several drafts. I believe this is viewed as a weaker draft. That was one of the reasons we came off the pick for Burnes. So I say sign him. 
    • Mateo will start vs LHP no matter what. Westburg 3B, Mateo 2B, Mounty 1B, and Mayo DH.
  • Popular Contributors