I'm predicting Hyde will resign soon

GuidoSarducci

Did not have a good look in the dugout when the Angels had scored 10+ by the 4th.  With Ohtani pitching tomorrow, which I would probably chalk up as a loss, if they can't beat the Angels Thursday, thats 21 in a row.  Then we have a 3 game stand against Tampa, which is most likely a  sweep for our 24th loss.  Which would beat the "modern era" record of 23 set by the Phillies in 1961.  Then we have Blue Jays.   Its possible we even break the all-time record of 26 in a row set in 1889 by the Louisville Colonels. 

Hyde can see this coming and does not want to be the manager when it happens.  And he's on the way out anyway. 

I'm can't remember if an MLB manager has ever resigned, at least not during the season.  

Edited by GuidoSarducci
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if they replace Hyde they will be showing that they are entering stage 2 of the process and attempting to win games.

Yeah let’s start that. The whole coaching staff should be fired. Elias should be put on notice. How can this be acceptable?

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think that if they replace Hyde they will be showing that they are entering stage 2 of the process and attempting to win games.

This is your postulating on what the general fan base will think.   Not what you truly think right?  

I am hoping to see how Hyde does with some equitable talent.  

4 minutes ago, murph said:

This is your postulating on what the general fan base will think.   Not what you truly think right?  

I am hoping to see how Hyde does with some equitable talent.  

I do not expect Hyde to be the manager when Elias decides to switch gears and attempts to start winning.

I think he's here to caretake the tank years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I do not expect Hyde to be the manager when Elias decides to switch gears and attempts to start winning.

I think he's here to caretake the tank years.

Gotchya.   And possible.  Probable?  I don’t know, but just would like to see how he does with a true MLB quality team.   And think he’s earned that. 

2 minutes ago, murph said:

Gotchya.   And possible.  Probable?  I don’t know, but just would like to see how he does with a true MLB quality team.   And think he’s earned that. 

How has he earned it? He’s presiding over potentially the worst team in ML history and had a couple of other clunker years. It sounds like he’s got an option for next year. How is it possible to justify exercising that option in this scenario?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

How has he earned it? He’s presiding over potentially the worst team in ML history and had a couple of other clunker years. It sounds like he’s got an option for next year. How is it possible to justify exercising that option in this scenario?

You could argue he's got no roster. And you'd be right. 

• Upvote 2