19 Game Streak Post-Mortem

TonySoprano

58 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Well, that leads to the issue of BPA by whose criteria.

Sometimes the professionals' and the media's is going to align, and sometimes it won't.

So when are you going to trust it?

Im guessing you trust that the same media that ranked Lawlar high for over a year when they say the Os have the best or one of the top 3 farm systems, right?

On 8/27/2021 at 11:10 AM, Tony-OH said:

I think this amount of ineptitude is why some people have become frustrated with the rebuild. I think 98% of people new this team needed to be rebuilt and losing was going to be a part of it. I'm not sure anyone thought they needed to be historically bad to do so. 

Elias stripped this team down until it was an embarrassment in historical ways, and while I don't believe he meant for the team to be this bad, at the end of the day, it was that bad. 

It's a little disheartening to know your team has sunk to this kind of low and even if the team returns to some kind of winning consistent ways, this stain will never go fully away

Apologize for not reading thread all the way through yet....

I don't really disagree with any of this.  Tony its pretty spot on.  But I will say this....after the 14 years, when Delmon Young hit that double....I'm not gonna lie, I didn't care about the 14 years.  Just wanted that moment to grow and last.

Will do the same if and when.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

So when are you going to trust it?

Im guessing you trust that the same media that ranked Lawlar high for over a year when they say the Os have the best or one of the top 3 farm systems, right?

What is this new i bEt yOu tRuSt tHe mEdIa wHeN tHeY sAy gOoD tHiNgS bit?  Is that what you think is rhetorical brilliance?

Other than accusations, can you show any example of me hypocritically supporting my positions by selectively citing the media?

I haven't even made a comment about the "media's" perception of our farm system.  At any point.  Why do you keep referencing it as if I did?

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

What is this new i bEt yOu tRuSt tHe mEdIa wHeN tHeY sAy gOoD tHiNgS bit?  Is that what you think is rhetorical brilliance?

Other than accusations, can you show any example of me hypocritically supporting my positions by selectively citing the media?

I haven't even made a comment about the "media's" perception of our farm system.  At any point.  Why do you keep referencing it as if I did?

I believe I have seen you reference the idea that the team has a highly ranked and talented farm system, correct?  

And if you haven’t, do you believe that the team’s ranking of a top farm system is valid?

An awful .200 team has an 80% chance of losing a game. The probability of this .200 team losing 19 games in a row is 0.8 raised to the 19th power. The odds are 1 in 100.

Very unlikely if the players are all trying to win and play up to a low bar of a .200 winning percentage.

If you thought a 5-23 May was terrible, thanks to the 19 game streak, the Orioles are 3-24 in August.  The Orioles need to win on Tuesday night in order to tie the 2002 Orioles 4-24 collapse for worst full month ever.   Even in 2018  and 2019 (both 6-20 in June),  and 1988 (Sept, 8-19) never did the Orioles win fewer than 6 games in a full calendar month, let alone do it twice in the same season. 

How low will they go?  Grab your dart board and compare after 130 games -  
2018 37-93 (47-115)
2021 40-90 (TBD)
2019 42-88 (54-108)
1988 45-85 (54-107)

6 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

If you thought a 5-23 May was terrible, thanks to the 19 game streak, the Orioles are 3-24 in August.  The Orioles need to win on Tuesday night in order to tie the 2002 Orioles 4-24 collapse for worst full month ever.   Even in 2018  and 2019 (both 6-20 in June),  and 1988 (Sept, 8-19) never did the Orioles win fewer than 6 games in a full calendar month, let alone do it twice in the same season. 

How low will they go?  Grab your dart board and compare after 130 games -  
2018 37-93 (47-115)
2021 40-90 (TBD)
2019 42-88 (54-108)
1988 45-85 (54-107)

5 more wins will be a stretch.