Is Matt Chapman a potential trade target?

Sports Guy

28 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Oakland gets Toronto’s 2021 first round pick, another guy in their top 10, one player ranked in the lower portion of the top 30 and a guy outside of the top 30..those rankings from mlb.com.

Prospects were ranked 3, 10, 16, and 26 by Fangraphs. Orioles equivalent (based on Fangraphs FV not ranking) is something like Stowers, Baumler, Joey Ortiz and Felix Bautista. 

I wouldn't have been opposed at giving up that type of haul for 2 years of Chapman if the Orioles planned to be competitive this year, but of course, they do not.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Prospects were ranked 3, 10, 16, and 26 by Fangraphs. Orioles equivalent (based on Fangraphs FV not ranking) is something like Stowers, Baumler, Joey Ortiz and Felix Bautista. 

I wouldn't have been opposed at giving up that type of haul for 2 years of Chapman if the Orioles planned to be competitive this year, but of course, they do not.

If Chapman was traded for and then signed similar to how Atlanta did with Olson then it could have been really cool. Especially if Correa was also signed and the left side would be tight for the future. 

Good move by Toronto. I hate it.

31 minutes ago, oriole said:

If Chapman was traded for and then signed similar to how Atlanta did with Olson then it could have been really cool. Especially if Correa was also signed and the left side would be tight for the future. 

Good move by Toronto. I hate it.

LOL. Well said.