Cedric Mullins - 30/30 ?

RZNJ

I’m surprised nobody mentioned that Mullins got his 30th stolen base over the weekend in walkover fashion.   First he stole 2B for his 29th, then he stole 3B while Boston was in a shift and failed to cover the base.   Kind’ve a cheap way to earn his 30th, but whatever.   Now he doesn’t need to worry about stealing except when the situation is right for it (not that I think he’d been worried about it).

Now let’s see if that 30th homer is out there.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m surprised nobody mentioned that Mullins got his 30th stolen base over the weekend in walkover fashion.   First he stole 2B for his 29th, then he stole 3B while Boston was in a shift and failed to cover the base.   Kind’ve a cheap way to earn his 30th, but whatever.   Now he doesn’t need to worry about stealing except when the situation is right for it (not that I think he’d been worried about it).

Now let’s see if that 30th homer is out there.  

I think Mountcastle got his 30th homer in that game.  I'd kinda like to see them tie for the O's HR crown for the year.  

Robbed of #30 by New York.  The people there should be fired on the spot, I'm not even kidding.  How in the world can you mess that up? It clearly hit the pole and changed directions.  There's nothing near there that would alter the balls path.  I have no idea how you can miss that with replay.  What if this was a playoff games and that happened? Can you imagine the heat they would have taken? 

6 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Robbed of #30 by New York.  The people there should be fired on the spot, I'm not even kidding.  How in the world can you mess that up? It clearly hit the pole and changed directions.  There's nothing near there that would alter the balls path.  I have no idea how you can miss that with replay.  What if this was a playoff games and that happened? Can you imagine the heat they would have taken? 

Probably the same guy who decided Flaherty’s fly ball didn’t hit the foul pole in the 2012 playoffs.   ?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Philip said:

I like Mullins a lot. Unless Elias is going to flip the switch, Mullins should be traded and he will bring back a larger return than anyone on the team.

And yes it makes me quite melancholy to suggest this.

https://eutawstreetreport.com/mullins-beating-expected-stats-luck-or-skill/

Article is from July, but an interesting breakdown.

51 minutes ago, O's84 said:

14 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Mullins is not the type to run away and Hyde.  

Boooooo!

Yeah, imagine that, a call decided in NY that doesn’t go the Orioles way (not to be confused with The Oriole Way). 

?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Mullins is one of the few reasons I tune in to games now.  He is a fun player to watch.  I have also enjoyed watching Means pitch this year and the development of Hays and Mancini has been entertaining, too.  

And that Mountcastle kid ain’t bad either!    

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Probably the same guy who decided Flaherty’s fly ball didn’t hit the foul pole in the 2012 playoffs.   ?

53 minutes ago, SteveA said:

McLouth!

Sorry, it’s been a long time.  Frankly, I wasn’t sure the McLouth ball did hit the foul pole, and felt it was reasonable to let the ruling on the field stand, given the standard of review.   

As to the Mullins hit tonight, I didn’t see it live, but watching the replay just now, it sure looked like it hit the pole.   

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, O's84 said:

Granted it was close, but with all the technology they have available, it's amazing they got that call wrong.  There's legit paranoia among O's fans for not getting calls.  We're perfectly capable of losing without getting abused by awful ump calls.