Cedric Mullins - 30/30 ?

RZNJ

19 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I did not see it so had to look it up. Wow, unbelievable. Definitely changed direction. Hope he still gets it. 

Play in question here. https://www.mlb.com/video/mullins-foul-ball-on-review

They should put a mic inside the foul pole. I bet it made a thunk when it hit. 

How long would it take for enterprising fans sitting near the pole to start clanging that thing when fly balls passed by?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How long would it take for enterprising fans sitting near the pole to start clanging that thing when fly balls passed by?

Lol, good point. I was thinking you could hard wire it to flashing lights like the hockey goal lamp but yeah the temptation would be irresistible. Too bad the bad apples have to ruin a good thing for the rest of us. 

I hope this is not a career year but a new standard for him. Not that he will be a 30-30 guy ever year but maybe a 20-20 or 25-15 guy for the next 4 years. Anything more is pretty great. 
Mullins, Means, Mountcastle and hopefully Hays is a pretty good foundation for the future, since no one asked my opinion. 

There are not a lot of signs that point to flukish season for me. He’s been remarkably consistent.  That quick, compact stroke will age well and his stroke zone judgment has been excellent. I don’t see either of those things regressing any time soon. 

I’d like to see him do it for another season but if you want to extend him, this off-season is the window. Another season like this and there is no way he wouldn’t test free agency. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

I remember saying at the start of the year that I thought his defense was good enough that he could be a starter if he could keep his OPS over .700.   Now the issue with 9 games remaining is if he’ll stay over .900.   Incredible.  

That was an incredibly optimistic projection. I had him like everyone else as a no hit noodle arm borderline 4th OF. Even after he started well I thought eventually he would cool off and he would be at best an Al Bumby comp.