Tyler Wells 4 hardest pitches tonight.

waynebug

24 minutes ago, Philip said:

What are the possibilities of “right shoulder discomfort” ? TJ Is an arm or elbow issue isn’t it? So would shoulder be rotator cuff?

Is there a doctor in the house?

Not a dr but am always volunteering to play one at home. TJ is strictly elbow ligaments and shoulder usually involves the cuff. Elbow ligaments are common now and pretty recoverable. Shoulder is not so good and poor recovery. I am not saying Wells has a career ending shoulder injury, I am just answering elbow vs shoulder. 

*Forearm discomfort can also be related to elbow. Put your arm at 90 degrees with your hand up and feel your elbow. The crevice in you elbow has a ligament. If you follow that straight up, you will feel it end in your forearm. 

• Thanks 1

It is going to be an incredible bummer if this guy has suffered an injury in the final ten days of the season that impacts his availability or effectiveness in 2022 or beyond.   He’s been one of the few bright spots of our pitching staff and one of the few Rule 5 acquisitions that actually looked like it might produce a long term keeper.  Why can’t we have nice things?

10 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Hyde’s over use of some members of the bullpen is criminal. 

Oh really?   Who do you have in mind?

Dillon Tate leads Orioles relievers in IP.   He’s 41st in MLB at 63.1 IP.

Cole Sulser, at 61.2 IP, is 51st.

Tyler Wells has thrown 57.0 innings which ranks 84th.

And it’s not like our bullpen is full of reliable arms for Hyde to choose from.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Tate and Sulser is worse but wells coming off injuries is just as bad. Also the amount of time he warms pitchers up without putting him into games. I’m not arguing that the bullpen doesn’t have a lot of arms but he over uses arms.

Based on what evidence?  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

It is going to be an incredible bummer if this guy has suffered an injury in the final ten days of the season that impacts his availability or effectiveness in 2022 or beyond.   He’s been one of the few bright spots of our pitching staff and one of the few Rule 5 acquisitions that actually looked like it might produce a long term keeper.  Why can’t we have nice things?

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

His 4th appearance in 5 games. Just had a DL stint not too long ago. Injuries in his past. Video of the injury below,

https://www.mlb.com/video/tyler-wells-leaves-with-injury

4 appearances in 5 games, Froberto Clemente.  That's not good.

If we were in a playoff hunt?  I'd get it.  But not sleepwalking to the end of a 100+ loss season.  

Wells as been one of the few pleasant surprises this season, probably #4 behind Mullins, Mountcastle (I think we expected him to be good, but not 30+ homer good and not as good as he's been after his terrible start) and Mancini.  

• Upvote 1