Mullins is Hank Aaron finalist for best offensive player

OriolesMagic83

6 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ohtani had the better overall season (in my opinion), but to me MVP isn't necessarily the best player award. Ohtani made the Angels a better team, but at the end of the season they won 77 games and were a non-contender. 

The Blue Jays won 91 games in a tough division and just missed out on the playoffs. Guerrero Jr. had a major role in his team's success and the Blue Jays wouldn't have been on the verge of the playoffs without him. Ohtani probably does win MVP due to the uniqueness of his season and I'm ok with that. If I had a vote for MVP, I would probably lean towards Guerrero Jr.

So who the MVP is should be dependent upon who his teammates are?

I don't agree with that at all.

Ohtani produced the most value.

Vlad wasn't even the most valuable player on his team.

You take Ohtani off the Angels and it's a three way race for the top pick.

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ohtani had the better overall season (in my opinion), but to me MVP isn't necessarily the best player award. Ohtani made the Angels a better team, but at the end of the season they won 77 games and were a non-contender. 

The Blue Jays won 91 games in a tough division and just missed out on the playoffs. Guerrero Jr. had a major role in his team's success and the Blue Jays wouldn't have been on the verge of the playoffs without him. Ohtani probably does win MVP due to the uniqueness of his season and I'm ok with that. If I had a vote for MVP, I would probably lean towards Guerrero Jr.

The Angels’ performance since they acquired Trout And now Ohtani is to me the single best argument against having a single superstar on your team. He’s worth 8+ WAR) if he played the whole season) and Ohtani is worth 9.0. Thats ~17 WAR in two guys. And they won 77 games. And they haven’t won meaningfully in years( playoffs in 2014, swept in the DS) much better to have 6 3.0 WAR guys, or  4 4.0 guys.

Having said that, I would love to have Ohtani on our team