Greene on the way to Baltimore? No.

Fan4Life

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind Izturis at all. 28 year old who can play D, hit about .260, and steal some bases. Everything we wished our 5 shortstops last season could have done. Plus he'll be cheap and we keep our prospects.

Yeah I have no problem with Izturis. Would love to see us swipe Arias from Texas seeing as he has no place to play.

Once we said no to Olson for Greene which is a trade I would have made, I figured we were out of the Greene sweepstakes...

Hopefully Olson doesn't turn into another Matt Riley/Sean Douglass...

I am not going to lose sleep over Greene. I wouldn't have traded away Olson for Greene either. The Padres get to drop $6.5 Million and receive two releivers in return? Olson is better than two relievers. If the Orioles had more starting pitching, Greene would not have been in his walk year, or if he wasn't coming off of a horrible year then I would have made the deal.

I'm sure Houston would love to unload Tejada's $13 mil '09 salary. They're also in the market for a C.

Ramon for Miguel??? :D

I would make that deal in a heartbeat. Tejada would be cheaper than Greene in this scenario and the Orioles lineup is much better than what it was while Miggy was here.

I would make that deal in a heartbeat. Tejada would be cheaper than Greene in this scenario and the Orioles lineup is much better than what it was while Miggy was here.

I would do that deal, but dont be sold on Miggy so quickly.

In 2008:

Tejada, OPS+ 92; $13M salary

Cintron, OPS+ 79; $500K salary

Greene, OPS+ 64; $6.5M salary

Izturis, OPS+ 67;

Well Tejada is better then Greene, but is it really worth the extra $6.5M? Tejada is on a decline whereas Greene had the one year abnormality.

Really, the best deal would be to have Cintron, but again, this is based on OPS+ and not defense.

Greene sucks. I dont know why anyone wants him. Sure he is better than who we put there last year but to get Greene we actually have to give up a player and he isnt worth that. I would rather get a cheaper stopgap in Izturis. Neither is a long term option for the position, might as well get the guy who will come much cheaper. Jack Wilson isnt good either, have no idea why we are interested there. I would target Ben Zobrist.

Greene sucks. I dont know why anyone wants him. Sure he is better than who we put there last year but to get Greene we actually have to give up a player and he isnt worth that. I would rather get a cheaper stopgap in Izturis. Neither is a long term option for the position, might as well get the guy who will come much cheaper. Jack Wilson isnt good either, have no idea why we are interested there. I would target Ben Zobrist.

I don't know what you think the market is, but Izturis will get the same if not more money than Greene. Zobrist should be targeted....IF he were released or available in the rule V, but he is not worth giving up anything of value. With Greene at least the promise is there, he hit 27HR in 2007, Zobrist couldn't hit well enough to take the job from Bartlett.

I don't know what you think the market is, but Izturis will get the same if not more money than Greene. Zobrist should be targeted....IF he were released or available in the rule V, but he is not worth giving up anything of value. With Greene at least the promise is there, he hit 27HR in 2007, Zobrist couldn't hit well enough to take the job from Bartlett.

Izturis will not make more than Greene. Rentaria just signed with the Giants. Greene just went to the Cardinals. Cedeno is likely to go back to the Padres in a deal for Peavy. Furcal could become an Athletic. Who else needs a shortstop that is willing to pay a guy like Izturis to start? I do not care who plays short in 2009. I care about the shortstop come 2011.

Sort of sucks for Khalil. So much for being close to his family.

If he goes to St. Louis, at least Khalil Greene will play for a team that has a decent chance of winning in his final season before free agency. Greene would not get that opportunity in San Diego or Baltimore.

Archived