Mets Officially Hire Buck Showalter

Yardball85

3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Buck being a manager is good for the game in my opinion. I'll be rooting for him in a roundabout way.

Agreed.  It was definitely time for him to go in Baltimore after 2018, but he and Davey Johnson were easily the two best managers they have had in my lifetime.   Created many great gifs too. 

Bill Eppler may have thought he was hired as GM to run the team but I am not sure that is how this will work.  Buck has known Sandy Alderson for ever.    Buck interviewed with Owner Steve Cohen.  The Buck will not stop with Eppler is my prediction.

Buck and Cohen both want to win.  Cohen is the 30th richest person in the US with 13 Billion.   Buck will help him spend it. 

Has David Stearns liked the tweet?

Next offseason (I believe Stearns reaches Front Office FA then), it will be interesting to watch the interplay of Max's handpicked manager to never ever take him out of a game, and Cohen's reputed zest for the Milwaukee guy who has made a lot of his bones putting his aces on extra rest and getting one peak Pedro type result.    A little bit I feel like Cohen may have picked Scherzer over Stearns, and will be an interesting unroll if he gets both.

Here's hoping for huge underdog 1969 even-ups in 2023 or 2024 - I could live with Grayson Rodriguez making a run at the Tom Seaver things.