Terps vs Virginia Tech in the Grandma's Sweater Bowl

Tony-OH

Honestly, it's the Pinstripe Bowl since they are playing in Yankees Stadium. 

I guess getting back to any bowl is a step in the right direction and there is some offensive talent on this team, but until they can start to get the quality big boys up front on both sides of the ball, they are going to have a hard time competing with the Big boys in the Big-10.

I'm working from home today so I'll probably watch. Don't know much about VT this year but I'm sure @SteveA does!

• Upvote 1

Our #1 QB and one of our co#2 QBs is in the transfer portal and not playing.  So is our #2 WR.  Out #1 WR, starting RT, starting DT, best edge rusher, and best DB are all sitting out the bowl to prepare for the NFL draft.  And we weren't a very good team to start with and fired our head coach in November.  So I'm not surprised with the results so far.  It is what it is.

On another note, I've never been in this stadium before and while I knew the RF porch was short, seeing it in person is just amazing.  It's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

What's the crowd like? I'm shocked anyone would go into that city but it appears you did.

I'd guess maybe 17000.  For two 6-6 teams during Covid, not bad.  Hit a couple bars right across from the stadium before the game.  One was full of Terps fans so we left, the other was packed with Hokie fans.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'd guess maybe 17000.  For two 6-6 teams during Covid, not bad.  Hit a couple bars right across from the stadium before the game.  One was full of Terps fans so we left, the other was packed with Hokie fans.  

Hey, all you needed to do was tell them you're an Orioles fan and you would have been fine! lol

Well, MD look like they will have their first winning season since 2014 and only second in the Big-10.

26 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

7-6 with a dominant bowl win is a very successful season considering how bad this program has been for a decade.  If they could’ve added a win over a big name program like Michigan State or Penn State then this would’ve been a great season.  But it’s a step in the right direction. 

It's a nice step. It was a good year overall but they need to be able to least get to the level of that second tier of Big-10 teams to be successful over the next few years.

There really is some nice talent on this team.

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's a nice step. It was a good year overall but they need to be able to least get to the level of that second tier of Big-10 teams to be successful over the next few years.

There really is some nice talent on this team.

Beautiful pass and reception here!