Tanner Scott and Cole Sulser traded to Marlins

MurphDogg

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's pretty hard to dislike this trade unless you overvalue a 32 year old middle reliever and a guy who has a career 4.73 ERA in 156 major league innings. Especially when you have their replacements on the 40-man roster in younger, potentially better pitchers.

Oh, I agree.  

It looks like a good trade for both teams, which is the way it should be. And we do not know who the PTBNL is. There may be more moves to come soon, who knows. To make too much of a definitive opinion at this point of the roster and how the season is going to go seems premature, at best. And the doom and gloom, good grief.

Perez takes the place of Scott. Baker, Bautista and Krehbiel benefit from Sulser’s departure, but I think Jorge Lopez takes Sulser’s back end role. To me, it appears they have a firm belief in Tate, and maybe Fry (for now) as well.

Lastly, Reed Trimble and Kyle Stowers were Comp B picks. If we get that kind of prospect at that pick, I’ll take that. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

We need prospects, not more money in P.A's pocket!

That's not how this works. The extra pick gives the team more money to spend across their top ten draft picks (And now three competitive balance picks). Not more money in the pockets of the ownership.

• Upvote 3

Means, Wells, Lyles, Kremer, ZImmerman, Akin, Baumann, Tate, Scott, Sulser, Lowther, Lopez, Bautista, Baker, Fry

That was my guess last week with Perez one of the candidates for the last roster spot.

Now I think Perez and probably Krehbiel makes the team.

1 minute ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Yeah, if that player is of value, then great trade. I still think Scott & Sulser much better than people giving credit for. 

I don’t think either Scott or Sulser make this team significantly better Than the pitchers that are likely to replace them.  Maybe not even marginally better.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Wonder if the PTBNL has to go on the 40 man and the O’s need time to clear another spot.

Maybe, but they have two open spots now and have four days to clear more space. Perhaps it is based on performance of the players involved. If Scott and Sulser perform to a certain level, we get a player from a short "A list," and if not, we get a player from "B list." Could be the guy they just DFA'd, RHP Neidert. Sort of a RH version of Lowther. If he clears waivers, they outright him and send him to Baltimore. 

13 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Maybe, but they have two open spots now and have four days to clear more space. Perhaps it is based on performance of the players involved. If Scott and Sulser perform to a certain level, we get a player from a short "A list," and if not, we get a player from "B list." Could be the guy they just DFA'd, RHP Neidert. Sort of a RH version of Lowther. If he clears waivers, they outright him and send him to Baltimore. 

Awesome post, thank you, great insights. Runs to google for Neidert.