Bowie Baysox "break camp" roster

MurphDogg

As I mentioned in the Tides thread, Rizer going to AAA created a hole in the Baysox outfield. 

The solution seems to be playing Toby Welk in the outfield, which makes sense, given that he is behind Mundy and Daschbach on the first base pecking order and third base will be occupied daily by one of the shortstops (Henderson, Ortiz and Westburg).

Welk has made a total of 12 starts in the outfield in his minor league career (all last season)

Disappointe to see Rom start off at Bowie. Thought he showed enough late in the year to start the year in AAA. But this is the Orioles and they seem to slow play all of the top prospects early in the year.

Same with Cowser. There is no reason he's not on the Rutschman plan. Now maybe he'll be on the Stowers plan and end up with a few AAA by the end of the year, but he probably should have had half his PAs in AA and half in AAA this year.

20 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Where is DL hall on any of these lists? or am I missing him somehow

He got a late start because he was on the 40-man so he'll stay in extended which makes sense for him. Anyone who started in minor league spring training and is not ready I don't buy.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

He got a late start because he was on the 40-man so he'll stay in extended which makes sense for him. Anyone who started in minor league spring training and is not ready I don't buy.

It's the minors, not like they can't manage his innings while he's pitching in games.

Have him pitch out of the pen, pull him after three innings, don't pitch him for a week.  They have plenty of options beyond not having him start the season with the club.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's the minors, not like they can't manage his innings while he's pitching in games.

Have him pitch out of the pen, pull him after three innings, don't pitch him for a week.  They have plenty of options beyond not having him start the season with the club.

They could have, but this is the Orioles. They over plan every single detail with their pitchers and have yet to prove it makes them better or keeps them healthier.