It's Opening Day!

SteveA

3 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You Florida people are hilarious.  When I was in Iceland a few years ago there was a day it got up to about 60 with a decent breeze but some actual sunshine and everyone was in shorts, people laying out.  Florida Man would be in a parka with a wool hat.

68 and mostly sunny is the best weather.  You can run forever if it's in the 60s.  If it gets much over 80 I'm not exercising outside, too hot.

I've wintered in Germany.

I know from cold.

1 hour ago, NCRaven said:

This is where I'm at.  Can't wait for Rutschman to come up and to have Bradish, Rodriguez and DL Hall filter into the rotation as the year goes on.  This team could be much better in July - September than it will be today.  At least hope springs eternal.

I agree that the roster in August (barring too many injuries) will be more interesting and much better than the one today, but I still there there are some interesting players to watch right now. I am very curious on whether Mullins can build off last year (although I do expect some regression) and establish himself as a perennial all-star candidate. One season is great. Two seasons starts to show staying power. 

I am also very curious on what we see from Urias and Mateo. They both have this season to show they can be a piece for the future before we start seeing the infield prospects knocking on the door. I would love to see Urias establish himself as a true everyday 2B going forward and Mateo to show he can be a solid super-utility type. I would like to see additional growth from Mountcastle. I'd like to see improvements from Mancini and Santander to get them back closer to 2019 and 2020 form (respectively) so they can be dealt at the deadline. 

Unfortunately, aside from Means and maybe a bullpen arm or two, there's not too much to watch on the pitching side so maybe I'll have to just watch the team on offense until Rodriguez, Hall and Bradish are promoted. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think there should be a ban on having Opening Day at a place like The Trop.  I get that everyone can't have Opening Day at their stadium, that's obvious.  But to have an Opening Day at The Trop?  Kind of a wet blanket for the day, IMO.  

Are you sure you haven't fired up that fatty already?

Guilty as charged.

• Haha 1

It is still amazing to me that the Orioles and MLB still in 2022 will not provide all fans with the ability to live stream all games if you live in a blackout zone as I do in swVA (MASN is no longer available to me).  The declining enthusiasm for baseball among young people is directly related to this 20th century blackout/territory mentality. 

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Here's what I am excited about today - John Means v. Shane McClanahan.

As we start working our way out of this pit, that's a "fair fight" to me where the Oriole winning, if he can, is a semi-realistic step towards the Orioles team catching up to the other teams.    Having a better #2 starter would be nice.

If we want to improve our record this year, improving against Tampa would be a great place to start.  We went 1-18 against them last season.  

5 hours ago, bobmc said:

LOL - radiation at noon*, Tiger at 1:30, facial at 2, O's at 3ish.  Got MLBTV but probably get blacked out since Tampa is close but don't see their network on YouTubeTv.  I'm hoping.  🙏

* 7th of 8 weeks done today.  "They" say prostate cancer will never kill ya - (except William Hurt???)

Another thing you have in common with Ripken.  My father was cured of it (radiation) when he was a few years older than I am now.   I get checked every year.  Thank goodness they now have a blood test for it; the old way was no fun.   Good luck, Bob.

TB has a 12 game winning streak vs. Baltimore.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

It is still amazing to me that the Orioles and MLB still in 2022 will not provide all fans with the ability to live stream all games if you live in a blackout zone as I do in swVA (MASN is no longer available to me).  The declining enthusiasm for baseball among young people is directly related to this 20th century blackout/territory mentality. 

Oh but they do!  You can sign up for a DirecTV/ATT streaming package for the low, low price of $100 a month and you can get MASN.  If you have some other streaming service like Hulu or FuboTV, or some other type of cable or satellite that doesn't carry MASN, well, just cancel that and get the other one even if you don't want that service except for MASN.  Or just pay for both.  That all makes sense.

Nobody would ever try to circumvent that with a VPN or someone else's DirecTV password or anything like that when they make it so straightforward and cost-effective. 🤨

• Haha 1