Spenser Watkins starting Tuesday?

Big Mac

4 hours ago, interloper said:

I understand if you want to see Bradish instead of Watkins, for sure. But the decision was made to give him a few more AAA starts and to get another look at Kremer. Kremer got hurt, Bradish still hasn't made his AAA starts, so it's Watkins. It's fine to disagree with that, but that's the reasoning and they're sticking with that plan. No big deal IMO. Bradish will be up soon. 

Watkins is going to pitch well I think. 

Except that Kremer was supposed to come in yesterday after Wells...this was always their plan. 

Edited to say that I now see Aristotelian already made this point and I generally agree with that assessment.  Apologies that I did not read the full thread before responding. 

6 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

When they announced him yesterday, I wanted to boo but it wouldn’t have been fair to boo him.  It’s not his fault the FO is making such an awful decision.

Yeah, that's the worst part, I have this ill-placed animosity towards a guy who's just living his dream haha.

baseballpress.com has Alex Wells listed as tonight's starter.  Has there been confirmation of that somewhere that I missed?  Much more interested in him than Watkins at least.

4 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Yeah, that's the worst part, I have this ill-placed animosity towards a guy who's just living his dream haha.

baseballpress.com has Alex Wells listed as tonight's starter.  Has there been confirmation of that somewhere that I missed?  Much more interested in him than Watkins at least.

Last I checked one of the lineups websites had Wells with the "unconfirmed" lineup, MLB.com still had TBD. 

33 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Wells was brought up, so that could be true.

On 4/11/2022 at 12:38 PM, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

“Actually kind of excited to see what he does”

this board lol

He, like Harvey, is to ensure a top pick.  They are here because they are awful. 

There is no more guarantee of the #1 pick with the worst record.  Someone needs to let Elias know.  I don't know if the O's are being intenionally bad or just cheap and signing castoffs which produces the same results with all our pitching prospects failing.

21 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

There is no more guarantee of the #1 pick with the worst record.  Someone needs to let Elias know.  I don't know if the O's are being intenionally bad or just cheap and signing castoffs which produces the same results with all our pitching prospects failing.

Placeholder until Grayson and Bradish are ready.

• Upvote 1