Austin Hays 2022

Ohfan67

28 minutes ago, jdwilde1 said:

Not sure if they are mutually exclusive, since nobody expected Mullins to hit 30 homers and almost hit .300.  With that said, Mullins had a lot of extra base hits in the minors and, even this year, is on pace for about 15 homers and 35 doubles.  I think it’s reasonable to expect the average up around .265-.275 with a .325-.340 OBP, 30+ steals, plus defense in CF, and 50+ extra base hits.  That probably comes out to around a 4 WAR.

Yeah I don’t know how someone can complain about an OF w a 4 WAR player and a probable 5 WAR player (Hays).  I had Mullins down for a 750ish OPS this year.  He was never going to repeat 2021.

4 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Yeah I don’t know how someone can complain about an OF w a 4 WAR player and a probable 5 WAR player (Hays).  I had Mullins down for a 750ish OPS this year.  He was never going to repeat 2021.

In my preseason poll, a majority of posters put Mullins in the .820+ category.   

What an unbelievable catch by Hays! That was amazing and it saved a run or two from getting on the board. If he didn't make that catch, Chicago may have gained momentum, but Hays completely denied them. 

He also gunned a guy down at the plate with a sensational throw. Hays is definitely the Orioles All-Star and maybe they get Lopez in as well?