Stowers to O's Time Frame?

Bahama O's Fan

39 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

This is kind of the moment you look wistfully at Andrew Heaney or Tyler Anderson, and wonder if Trey Mancini will be able to do better than 1/8 next offseason.

Enough good things are happening to be energized on the doorstep of the Bradish-Grayson-Adley unveils, but I still hope Trey finds a good team this summer, even if we have to take very little.   The Orioles need a view of if MLB pitchers are going to strike Stowers out 35%+ to assess if they can look to him to fill something somewhere in the Luke Scott-Jay Gibbons-DJ Stewart spectrum next year.

If they are going to use Bradish day after tomorrow for the OAK-LAA West Coast quiet, it can't be kept under wraps more than another 24 hours or so.

Jay Gibbons could mash until that hamate .....  and I loved his walk up song, "Money for Nothing"!  Knopfler can pick it like Mountie!  (or is it RMC????)

24 minutes ago, waroriole said:

This the same Nevin who was sub .700 OPS in Norfolk last year? Talk about small sample sizes

I didn't say he'd be good! He is on the 40-man so he'd be my guess as the logical call up if Mancini is traded and something should happen to Mountcastle. 

I think decision time for Stowers and Nevin could be mid May.  If one or the other or both are doing well at that time they may get promoted.  If not they stay at AAA and keep working on development.

As far as making space,  Santander and Hays get injured every year and Mancini is on the block.  If the right deal comes at the right time he will be trade especially if his replacement is in house.

I can see Hyde play guys 5 days a week just so he can keep guys on the bench active.   It would be nice if there were some good hitters on the bench.

Today is fun enjoying Stowers' ridiculously hot start.    Anybody got exit velocities?

4 games is not 4 weeks, and even then he'd only be to Traber Territory, but 1 K in 20 PA (contact rate momentarily better than Wander Franco!) is a promising start, even if the outcomes on contact aren't this good.    Last night was Luis Gil at first.   Durham next week will be a good test.    

By Memorial Day if he can keep up the excellent play, I will be less interested in seeing if Stowers can reclaim Mountcastle's AAA MVP for the organization, and unconcerned if Trey Mancini starts losing playing time, even if it constrains whatever trade value he might have.   Success this summer is many younger guys in the org outplaying Mr. Mancini.

I'll worry about a backup 1B if Mountcastle hurts himself, but otherwise hope for black ink in plate appearances.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

I didn't say he'd be good! He is on the 40-man so he'd be my guess as the logical call up if Mancini is traded and something should happen to Mountcastle. 

Yeah, if we’re talking likely moves, you’re probably right. I should stop thinking this team is going to do what will help them win. 

Santander will get injured at some point

Hays will get injured at some point 

Santander will possibly be traded

Mullins may be back to his old self

Not sure why were talking about Mancini, he is a backup OF/DH so he wouldn’t take away at bats from Stowers

Stowers will get his shot for sure

4 minutes ago, oriole said:

Santander will get injured at some point

Hays will get injured at some point 

Santander will possibly be traded

Mullins may be back to his old self

Not sure why were talking about Mancini, he is a backup OF/DH so he wouldn’t take away at bats from Stowers

Stowers will get his shot for sure

We are talking about Mancini since, for some reason, he's been playing in the outfield.

If Santander isn't healthy enough to play in the outfield they might want to put him on the IL.  Mancini and Mountcastle should not be playing in the outfield unless something unfortunate happened.