The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

Ok thanks Belky.

Now, i was asking for this for a few reasons:

1) Its good info to know.

2) Because this is the aspect that you personally can't know for sure and I think people need to respect that.

You understand the offer that is out there..you understand how much we want him...And you seem to have some kind of impression about his intentions but that is something that you know the least about and I think people have to keep that in perspective when they slam on you, BB, Sonny or whoever.

The insiders can only speak on what they know and are told...the "other side" is what is unknown.

I agree with you, but therein lies the most frustrating aspect of these negotiations. He wants to come home; we've been told that through our trusted insiders AND through the media. We've offered him a mega deal (as it seems), yet there's still some kind of hold up. Could this really have anything to do with Boras? :scratchchinhmm: What does everyone imagine to be the cause of this delay? If we al want the same thing, I'd think it'd be done by now. Is Boras that much of a monster, or what's the deal? You guys are much smarter than I am... help shed some light on this for me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing personal Johnny, but Belkast has stated several times that he can't reveal any further information because this would put him in danger of compromising his source.

This whole thing is just getting out of hand, and I too can't wait for this to end.

It isn't personal at all Rick. I am not part of the insider basher gang. I am glad Belk,BB, & Sonny are here. Happy to hear their opinion & info as its available.

I would accept & respect him telling he cant answer the question. Or it is my opinion that it gets done on Wed,Fri,Monday,January 1st or whatever.

If we suppose that the Wow offer is on the table & acceptable...What is the delay??

This question doesn't have to be answered by Belk's source ...It could be answered by him & his opinion.

Sorry if there is any confusion of my intentions.

I agree with you, but therein lies the most frustrating aspect of these negotiations. He wants to come home; we've been told that through our trusted insiders AND through the media. We've offered him a mega deal (as it seems), yet there's still some kind of hold up. Could this really have anything to do with Boras? :scratchchinhmm: What does everyone imagine to be the cause of this delay? If we al want the same thing, I'd think it'd be done by now. Is Boras that much of a monster, or what's the deal? You guys are much smarter than I am... help shed some light on this for me.

I think its just Boras doing the best job he can for his client (and himself) by trying to get him the most money he can. He won't sign until he knows hes accepting the highest deal possible.

I am thinking sometime this week.

Cool thanks...Can't wait for this to be over, one way or another.

Since PA appears to have taken this over and since we really aren't being held up because of this, I hope AM and Krivsky are working on other things, trying to get other holes filled while this Tex stuff sorts itself out.

*sigh*

Although the Washington Nationals have reportedly offered Teixeira an eight-year, $160 million deal, the Red Sox are not worried about him signing with a team likely to lose for a while. (The same is true with the Baltimore Orioles.) The Angels, Teixeira’s former team, have also made an eight-year proposal, and the Red Sox consider Los Angeles a more serious competitor for Teixeira.

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/15/teixeira-takes-up-a-big-one-percent-of-red-sox-time/

Boy are they going to be shocked... :laughlol:

Man I can't wait to see Bandwagon Nation do a double take...

That alone is worth the price of getting Tex...

This is true, but if we miss out on him and he goes there. This is also the same reason it will HURT like hell

I get the impression he is making suggestions that he wants to come home.

This is great news to hear. I am still very confident Tex will come to Baltimore but its just aggravating hearing all the Sox fans around me laughing and saying "no chance he chooses a loser over a winner"

Boy are they going to be shocked... :laughlol:

Man I can't wait to see Bandwagon Nation do a double take...

That alone is worth the price of getting Tex...

I really want to be in the same boat as the believers, but this is like playing Bingo. You might have 4 numbers to win with, but in the back of your head you are hoping somebody else isn't about to shout out the word first.

Archived