The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just put on ESPN radio and the update guy just said something to the effect of "Teixeira told Ravich that he is close to making a decision and is considering his hometown and that the Nats are in it as much as the Red Sox and Angels." NOTHING about the Orioles.

The ticker quote on ESPn TV says Tex is nearing a decision and Baltimore

and washington are getting as much consideration as Angels, sox and yankees

because Tex is a Maryland native.

The exact quote from the bottom line thing on ESPN says...

"Source close to 1B Mark Teixeira tells ESPN's Karl Ravech he's getting close to a decision on his next team, and that Orioles and Nationals are as much consideration as Angels, Red Sox, and Yankees because Teixeira is a Maryland native."

ARods value is slightly diminshed because he switched to 3rd from SS. His bat at SS is unparalleled in the game today, and is still phenomenal at third base, but not as markedly better than it would be at SS. Tex's numbers at 1st are great, but it's easier to find a good hitting 1st baseman than SS.

"Source close to 1B Mark Teixeira tells ESPN's Karl Ravech he's getting close to a decision on his next team, and that Orioles and Nationals are as much consideration as Angels, Red Sox, and Yankees because Teixeira is a Maryland native."

Just thought I would post it too!

Sooooooooooooooo...your saying there is a chance?

So then I wonder why Picosi has decided to leave the O's off the report. It doesn't really matter I know but is just another example of the randomness of reporting. Remember the Rosenthal report that the Red Sox were close last weekend.

Anyway, I think that this is coming out now as a way to have Boston think there is real competition. I just feel this is a ploy to drive up Boston's price.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but the Sportscenter crawl just refered to the Angels going after Manny, then had this:

"Scioscia on Angels' attempt to sign 1B Mark Teixeira: 'We have taken our best shot'"

The pieces are coming together......

Just thought I would post it too!

I think this is actaully what I read....

"Source close to 1B Mark Teixeira tells OH's Belkast he's getting close to a decision on his next team, and that Orioles and Nationals are as much consideration as Angels, Red Sox, and Yankees because Teixeira is a Maryland native.":D:D

He must be leaning towards the O's and not the Sux, because if it were the Sux Sportscenter would've had Gammons and Olney on every five minutes talkin about it.

I'm looking forward to hearing BRob on Scott and Anita today, to see what his take on it is. I'm sure they'll ask him about it.

Archived