The Mark Teixeira Watch part III

Dirtyburnie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just put on ESPN radio and the update guy just said something to the effect of "Teixeira told Ravich that he is close to making a decision and is considering his hometown and that the Nats are in it as much as the Red Sox and Angels." NOTHING about the Orioles.

That's because the Orioles are the ones getting him. When he says the Gnats are in it as much as the Sox and Angels it's true because they aren't getting him.:)

from ESPN insider:

"The Boston Herald reported that the Red Sox have extended an offer for Mark Teixeira that could cost them an "historic" amount of money.

While not reporting terms, the offer for the free agent first baseman is "believed to be for at least eight years." The Red Sox have a club policy of not commenting on their negotiating stance with any free agents.

The Herald reported that Teixeira is believed to be seeking an average annual value of more than the $21 million that left-hander CC Sabathia is close to finalizing with the Yankees for the next seven years, and a lot closer to the $27.5 million that third baseman Alex Rodriguez is guaranteed to make through 2017 with the Yankees."

The media has had Boston in the lead for Tex for almost a week now, but nobody seems to have a clue as to what they are offering.

No way I get any teaching done today now. I need to find something independent for my classes to do because I won't be able to stay away from the OH now! :D:clap3:

Just hand out Dittos. I swear every sub teacher I ever had was drunk. Even in 10th grade it was coloring day when a sub was there.

Archived