ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is only one other poster that we have that has close ties to ownership and that is Sonny....Sonny said he was having surgery, so he has other things on his mind right now.

I'm aware, but I figure that if this was really on the verge of happening any minute, it would have trickled down to the folks with contacts in the FO by this point. And I have trouble believing MacPhail is not in any way involved with the negotiating process.

Get well soon Sonny.

He mentioned that Angelos is trying to make him the face of the franchise and that it will be interesting.

That's not what he said at all. he said he really thinks "Peter Angelos is DIS-inclined to make Tex the face of the O's franchise."

I think we can all agree that is a farce. Gammons did say the Nationals DO WANT him to be the face of their franchise however.

I'm aware, but I figure that if this was really on the verge of happening any minute, it would have trickled down to the folks with contacts in the FO by this point. And I have trouble believing MacPhail is not in any way involved with the negotiating process.

Get well soon Sonny.

You must have missed Belkast saying that its close and today looks to be the day?

How much more confident do you want him to be?

That is disgusting. How can Peter Gammons say that Angelos is DISinclined to make Tex the face of the franchishe. It just makes no sense at all. If these guys are reporters, they need to find some accurate information.

THIS IS GOOD NEWS!!! We know PA indeed does want Tex to be the face of the franchise- so to me- that's the best report I've heard about Tex in a while. PA is a poker stud if he has Gammons believing that- possibly keeping the price down from the Sox.

I love this! No reason to get mad over reporting there! This is manipulation by either PA, MacPahil, or BOTH!

That's not what he said at all. he said he really thinks "Peter Angelos is DIS-inclined to make Tex the face of the O's franchise."

I think we can all agree that is a farce. Gammons did say the Nationals DO WANT him to be the face of their franchise however.

What idiocy!! Gammons must be delusional to make a statement like that.

Assuming that this Tex to BAL is absolutely true - and I am not going to believe otherwise until I see Tex in a Boston uniform - what you have here is a negotiation between Andy MacPhail and Scott Boras.

If anyone thinks that this is going to be done expeditiously (i.e., fast) must be smoking or drinking something very bad for themselves.

And if Peter Angelos is involved......................

Take a breath.

Teixiera wants to come to the Orioles ... or not. IMO that is the ONLY question at this point.

Meanwhile, I personally, am hyperventilating. Anybody have a defibrilator handy?:D

Archived