ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Guys, no one knows where this is going to end up...Not Drew Forrester, Not Karl Ravech, Not Roch or Peter Gammons.

You can't jump up and down when a national reporter says that Tex is leaning towards Baltimore and then turn around and discredit other reporters when they say something else.

I understand the magnitude here but let's let it play out.....Jeez, just earlier the Angels were thought to have thrown in the towel and now its between them and the Sox.

No one has any idea where he is going to sign outside of himself and Scott Boras...and they probably aren't sure yet.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, no one knows where this is going to end up...Not Drew Forrester, Not Karl Ravech, Not Roch or Peter Gammons.

You can't jump up and down when a national reporter says that Tex is leaning towards Baltimore and then turn around and discredit other reporters when they say something else.

I understand the magnitude here but let's let it play out.....Jeez, just earlier the Angels were thought to have thrown in the towel and now its between them and the Sox.

No one has any idea where he is going to sign outside of himself and Scott Boras...and they probably aren't sure yet.

Great post. Gold star for you! I'm sure it will be mostly overlooked and the frenzy will continue.

Ok, let's not get crazy here. Look at Jason Bay's career stats, less 2007 because he was injured and you will see that he is a very productive MLB OF. No he isn't Manny but, really, no one is.

The Sox offense will be fine even if the don't sigh Tex. Pedroia, Youk, Bay, Ortiz, Drew, Lowell, Ellsbury...yeah I think we will somehow limp along.

That, plus our pitching staff is pretty good :P

The league could be catching up to Dice-K... Beckett is getting older, and definitely wasn't the dominating pitcher last year as he was in season's past... and Wakefield, seriously- he can only go so much longer...

JOn Lester is a stud, and Buchholz could be soon... With your age at certain position and in SP, I really don't see the guaranteed success so many claim. I think you guys need Tex a LOT more than anyone will admit.

HAHA ok I want to know if Tex signs, what will you do to celebrate???

I am hoping he signs on Wednesday night when im in Towson for my buddies 21st birthday. I will get drunk with fellow Orioles fans.

Or I will put on The King costume and run around Camden Yards

The league could be catching up to Dice-K... Beckett is getting older, and definitely wasn't the dominating pitcher last year as he was in season's past... and Wakefield, seriously- he can only go so much longer...

JOn Lester is a stud, and Buchholz could be soon... With your age at certain position and in SP, I really don't see the guaranteed success so many claim. I think you guys need Tex a LOT more than anyone will admit.

The Red Sux do not need Tex. The Sux can go out and trade for anybody or get anybody to sign. They have excess talent to trade and it's not like anybody doesn't want to play for the Sux. They have many options to improve that ballclub other than Mark Teixeira.

Tex is the best option for the Orioles to get an impact bat unless we want to signifcantly overpay for lesser talent or trade away our top young arms for bats.

The Red Sux do not need Tex. The Sux can go out and trade for anybody or get anybody to sign. They have excess talent to trade and it's not like anybody doesn't want to play for the Sux. They have many options to improve that ballclub other than Mark Teixeira.

Tex is the best option for the Orioles to get an impact bat unless we want to signifcantly overpay for lesser talent or trade away our top young arms for bats.

Ditto. Definitely the best option, Boston has a lot of options and if things aren't going as well as they want, they'll trade for someone at the break and they'll ensure they're at least in the conversation come playoff time. The O's need this.

Archived