ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, I just received a TEXt from my guy. He says the deal is nearly complete, and they are just hammering out the semantics as we speak. Read into that as little or as much as you like.

Excellent news!!! Could I finally get some sleep tonight?

The Red Sux do not need Tex. The Sux can go out and trade for anybody or get anybody to sign. They have excess talent to trade and it's not like anybody doesn't want to play for the Sux. They have many options to improve that ballclub other than Mark Teixeira.

Tex is the best option for the Orioles to get an impact bat unless we want to signifcantly overpay for lesser talent or trade away our top young arms for bats.

Yeah sure, maybe for the next year or so... but to maintain the long term stability, they do need Tex. Yeah sure there are plenty of players that could fill in this year and maybe the next 2 or 3.. but make no mistake, they are old at the corner infield positions and Tex would make their lives A LOT easier. They will win regardless this year and the next (depending on how their pitching holds up)... but beyond that- for anyone to say that there will always be a FA of this magnitude to stash at 1st for 8 or 9 years is crazy.

Gammons: If you Teixeria were to go to the east coast; to Boston or Washington...

Seriously...does he even know we exist?????

Everyone knows who Gammons' favorite baseball team is. It is still puzzling why they would let him speak so much about the Red Sox on their network. I believe he cried on television when they won the World Series in '04. He is very bias.

Archived