ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'll give you this much, whatever you call other teams, it's bound to sound like something out of a graduate class.

:)

Yeah. It's a sickness I picked up off of a toilet seat at the University of Chicago. Not enough penicillen in the world to kill it.

Funny. That post pushed me into the "bird-rep" territory. Sweet.

I just may have to update my list for Santa. An away Baltimore jersey with Teixeira on the back yeah?! My guess is, sometime tomorrow.

if the O's wanted to make some of the Tex big $ back, they'd have those jerseys printed up and shipped to every "orioles" kiosk in the malls/oriole store around before making announcement official...

great xmas gifts! :laughlol:

Thanks for the sentiment. Once again, the great majority of O's fans are classy and great fans. As for the use of the term, "Red Sux," speaking for myself, I don't take offense.

Especially given the many vile names many of my fellow Sox fans have for those pin-striped chaps playing to the south of us. :clap3:

I've actually had good experiences at OPACY with Sox fans. The whole Red Sox Nation, pink Sox hats, and pain in the butt elitist fans are a relatively new phenomenon. I saw a game in September of '86 at Fenway and we were able to get tickets.

I don't hate Sox Fans, and this poster has been good. It's the "Nation" that chaps my ass.

Yeah sure, maybe for the next year or so... but to maintain the long term stability, they do need Tex. Yeah sure there are plenty of players that could fill in this year and maybe the next 2 or 3.. but make no mistake, they are old at the corner infield positions and Tex would make their lives A LOT easier. They will win regardless this year and the next (depending on how their pitching holds up)... but beyond that- for anyone to say that there will always be a FA of this magnitude to stash at 1st for 8 or 9 years is crazy.
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/A/Lars-Anderson.shtml

If we had this guy at Bowie we wouldn't be interested in Tex.

I am a Reds fan but I am hoping the O's can grab Tex away from those big market teams. I see great things out of this team in the future with Jones/Markakis/Wieters and with the great young pitching they have in Double A right now. That AL East is going to be crazy good!

Hope this deal gets done soon!

Archived