How close are Grayson and Bradish to a call up?

wildcard

39 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

People are catching on to the nonsense. Locked On Orioles guy is great and speaks his mind, so you are seeing it, just not as much on here. 

That guy is a 23 year old fan boy. He’s not bad for what his format is, but he knows jack…

55 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

How dare you question Elias?  He is a great drafter and no one should question him!!

I’ve been on board for his drafting philosophy. But at 1-1, like when we picked Adley, no deals. You and I agree on this, I know. And I think he actually will take Jones there. Short of something unforeseen as you mentioned in another thread. If he demands $15 million to sign, something crazy like that, then I get it. 

9 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Why do you guys say that? Just discovered it. 

When he sticks to regurgitating game recaps or news, he’s fine. When he ventures out with opinions of what an MLB executive should do…not so much. I mean, he bases these opinions on what? His vast experience in scouting and knowledge of biomechanics? He’s entitled to his opinions, he gets paid to do his show. Good for him. Some of his interviews of coaches of the draftees and such in the offseason were actually good. 

4 hours ago, waroriole said:

It seems all but confirmed that Bradish will start on Saturday. Scratched from today’s start. A no comment on who starts Saturday. Nobody else remotely capable of starting. It’s almost like they have no other choice. 

That's the only way any of the prospects will be called up. 

"ugh i guess we have no other choice, *sigh* call him up, but this will hurt our farm rankings"

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

Can anyone tell me what the benefit is to leave a guy in the minors and call them up the day they are pitching? It makes sense to me to have them up in advance so they can get acclimated to the team and clubhouse. 

This isn't just about the O's, as most teams seem to do things this way.

Depends,  I think they let the player know sometimes in advance. Maybe a day or two early. They just don’t announce the move until the day of the appearance because, things happen as others have described. 

49 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Why do you guys say that? Just discovered it. 

I’m not trying to bash the guy but for the most part, the “popular” Twitter accounts aren’t good.  

Im not saying he’s bad but he falls in line with many of the Os Twitter accounts where everything is great.  The podcasts, etc…just aren’t that good.

The OTV guys do a good job (although I personally find myself aligning with Tony more often and feel Tony is more balanced) but outside of them, I would ignore most of them.  A lot more knowledge on this board than you see from the Os Twitter fan boy accounts.

Its kind of like Ravens Twitter.  There are a few guys that are excellent and then there are bunch of accounts that just want to kiss Lamar’s ass.  Just how it is.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

I’ve been on board for his drafting philosophy. But at 1-1, like when we picked Adley, no deals. You and I agree on this, I know. And I think he actually will take Jones there. Short of something unforeseen as you mentioned in another thread. If he demands $15 million to sign, something crazy like that, then I get it. 

Jones is the type of talent you just can’t pass up so you may be able to draft another Creed Willems.

I was fine with Kjerstad and Cowser even though they wouldn’t have been my picks but they would have been my second picks in each case.  So using the rationale they did was good imo.

But not this draft.  Not this pick.  You take that talent.  You can’t pass that up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

Can anyone tell me what the benefit is to leave a guy in the minors and call them up the day they are pitching? It makes sense to me to have them up in advance so they can get acclimated to the team and clubhouse. 

This isn't just about the O's, as most teams seem to do things this way.

The obvious benefit is you don’t spend a roster spot on a guy who isn’t going to play.  

1 hour ago, Jammer7 said:

When he sticks to regurgitating game recaps or news, he’s fine. When he ventures out with opinions of what an MLB executive should do…not so much. I mean, he bases these opinions on what? His vast experience in scouting and knowledge of biomechanics? He’s entitled to his opinions, he gets paid to do his show. Good for him. Some of his interviews of coaches of the draftees and such in the offseason were actually good. 

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not trying to bash the guy but for the most part, the “popular” Twitter accounts aren’t good.  

Im not saying he’s bad but he falls in line with many of the Os Twitter accounts where everything is great.  The podcasts, etc…just aren’t that good.

The OTV guys do a good job (although I personally find myself aligning with Tony more often and feel Tony is more balanced) but outside of them, I would ignore most of them.  A lot more knowledge on this board than you see from the Os Twitter fan boy accounts.

Its kind of like Ravens Twitter.  There are a few guys that are excellent and then there are bunch of accounts that just want to kiss Lamar’s ass.  Just how it is.

Thank you for the feedback, only listened to a few so far but agree more than disagree. He was very critical of Elias’ inaction in the off-season which is spot on. I feel like the best place for a homer is a podcast! Ha!

• 3 months later...
On 4/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, Tony-OH said:

You're looking for excuse and I'm just providing facts. I get it, you're a Elias disciple and you are ready to do battle with any who dare question your messiah. :D 

Saying that, I like a lot of things Elias has done to help rebuild this franchise, but until his development methods provide wins at the big league level, they are nothing more than fancy titles and secret methods hidden behind a wall of secrecy for the better good. lol

I hope he's proven right, I really do. But the Orioles are entering their 4th season under him and they're still an embarrassment at the major league level and I see no difference in injuries between the Orioles and other clubs yet they slow pitch all of their pitchers with low pitch counts and a lack of innings.

I thought this would be a transition year for Elias but he appears to be very happy to see this season be another last place, 100 loss fiasco. Obviously there are fans out there like you that have infinite patience and are fine with another pitiful major league performance on the field while better players sit in the minors because of controllability issues.

I get that, and that's your right as a fan to fan how you like, but my patience has run out.

Are there players close like Adley, Rodriguez. Bradish and Stowers that could help out this year, sure. Are there other interesting players in the system, sure. But no matter what, the Orioles really don't care about the fans but focus on the bottom line. Under this ownership and regime, I don't see that changing. 

I remember how depressing some of your posts were around this time.   Feeling any better?   :)

14 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

No Grayson, no Hall and a season ending injury to Means.  I would never have predicted that based on that the O's would be in the thick of the wildcard race.

Agreed.  Baseball is a funny game.   It's 75% the bullpen.   It's just been solid to excellent all year long.   It just goes to show how a bullpen can make up for other shortcomings.   If the games is close going into the 6th you feel like they have a pretty good chance.  Also, it seems like other teams are making mistakes to beat themselves a lot more than we are.    Excellent bullpen, above average defense.