How close are Grayson and Bradish to a call up?

wildcard

17 minutes ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I wonder if they start him Friday ,so he doesn't have too many off days?

He will be facing a reeling Red Sox team that blew a ninth inning lead yesterday and the papers and the fans looking for blood.

Sounds like we will see Bradish sometime this week.   It won’t necessarily be Saturday, given that Bradish was scheduled to pitch tonight.  They could use him earlier and give the others an extra day of rest.   I assume we’ll hear soon.   My guess is they won’t want Bradish to debut in Yankee Stadium.  

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Can someone explain the reasoning behind Bradish listed as Friday's starter in Norfolk? 

They're trolling us now. LOL. It lines him up to pitch on Friday. He's still on the AAA roster for now and won't be called up until Friday. It may just be an administrative thing. I'm still optimistic we see him this weekend. Friday would make sense so they don't give him too many days off. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it's spin.

Eh, I mean Grayson and Bradish have the best chance of not being yanked early due to just having a rough start. Guys like Lowther you're lucky to get 3 innings out of sometimes because they just randomly lose the ability to pitch well. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Don't understand what he means by helps the Norfolk bullpen. Bradish and Grayson seem to go just as deep in starts as the other starters 

I think it means pitching the two of them together meant the other nights require more back to back work.  Spacing them out gives a breather, in theory, to the bull pen.  I say in theory because both of those guys are limited still in their work.  But they do last longer than the other starters in Norfolk.

Tyler Wells starts tonight.  His first three starts a total of eight innings pitched, WHIP of 1.88.  Does he need to make a step forward tonight?  Another shaky, short opener performance tonight might put an option to Norfolk on the table.  Swapped out for Bradish who could start here Fri. or Sat.

3 minutes ago, JimGinSP said:

Tyler Wells starts tonight.  His first three starts a total of eight innings pitched, WHIP of 1.88.  Does he need to make a step forward tonight?  Another shaky, short opener performance tonight might put an option to Norfolk on the table.  Swapped out for Braddish who could start here Fri. or Sat.

Don't think he'd be swapped out for Bradish when there's already a rotation hole with Ellis out. But, yes, Tyler really needs a positive outing tonight. The Yankees, however, do not look like the pushovers they did in the first series.