2022 Ongoing Lineup Thread

OsFanSinceThe80s

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

If I remember correctly Hill completely shut them down in that 1-0 Sunday game. I'm sure this vaunted line up will do much better

15 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Gunnar OPS vs LHP         .488

Gunnar OPS vs LH SP     1.087

Not hard to figure out is it?

That is exactly why I wouldn't be sitting him against LHP.

He needs reps against them, not consigned to the bench.

Is he going to learn how to hit LHP on the bench?

• Upvote 2

All these 'defending of the lineup due to splits' would hold a bunch more validity if the players taking the spots weren't named Aguilar, Chirinos and Nevin.  They suck and I'd rather see Henderson, Adley and Stowers at the plate,  even with the poor split numbers.

Edited by forphase1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Agreed. At this point in addition to trying to win the next 8 games, how is he going to learn how to hit lefties for when he is an EVERYDAY player?

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't come around much, and am sure this has been discussed somewhere... At any rate, throwing this out there:

Gunnar has 104 PA's. If he stays under 130 PA's, he remains eligible for ROY next season. (He will be under 45 days of roster time either way - the other requirement.)

ROY - who cares, right? Well, players with 1) less than 60 days of service time, 2) who make 2 Top Prospect lists, and 3) earn a full season of service time - trigger draft pick compensation (a pick after Round 1) if they win ROY.

Edited by McLovin

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't come around much, and am sure this has been discussed somewhere... At any rate, throwing this out there:

Gunnar has 104 PA's. If he stays under 130 PA's, he remains eligible for ROY next season. (He will be under 45 days of roster time either way - the other requirement.)

ROY - who cares, right? Well, players with 1) less than 60 days of service time, 2) who make 2 Top Prospect lists, and 3) earn a full season of service time - trigger draft pick compensation (a pick after Round 1) if they win ROY.

Folks have already projected out his plate appearances and given his walk rate he doesn't need a day of missed at bats to maintain rookie status.

Once again I'm fine with him getting a day off, I'd just rather it be against a right handed pitcher as I feel more exposure to left handed pitching would be advantageous to his development.

I don't think he's seen anyone like Rich Hill before.

Edited by Can_of_corn

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Folks have already projected out his plate appearances and given his walk rate he doesn't need a day of missed at bats to maintain rookie status.

Once again I'm fine with him getting a day off, I'd just rather it be against a right handed pitcher as I feel more exposure to left handed pitching would be advantageous to his development.

I don't think he's seen anyone like Rich Hill before.

I mean, if he plays the next 7 games, he'll probably break 130. He probably needs to sit 2-3 games, counting today.

33 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Agreed. At this point in addition to trying to win the next 8 games, how is he going to learn how to hit lefties for when he is an EVERYDAY player?

OMG.  The guy has played in every single game since he arrived.   He’s probably going to play every day after today.  God forbid he starts a game on the bench against a tough lefty.  How will he ever be prepared for next year? 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The cutoff is 130 at bats, not plate appearances.   He won't make that.

• Upvote 1