The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

Please enough of these posts badgering these guys. Don't you think if belkast or any other insider hear anything that they'd be quick to tell us... come on... RELAXXXXX

I'm going to pull one out from the vault

I don't know if anyone cares but I have some insider info that I'm going to spend the next twenty minutes in the bathroom...

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its clear that Boras is trying to use the media to up the offers for Teixeria. I know this happens in alot of deals but think about the news we've heard in the past 24 hours. "A lot of interest in the Orioles" causing Boston or the Nats to sweeten their offer, "Orioles have dropped off" causing pressure for the O's front office to up their offer. By adding the hometown discount thing it also makes the O's sound cheap, which yes they usually are, but in this case I believe its simply a tactic Boras is using. Tell you the truth he is just not worth the money I think he'll get.

If I wasn't home sick some of the logic of posters would make me. Are we going to get Tex....I don't know but if we do I will be very impressed with AM because it seems he is playing this perfectly.

Someone posted this earlier and it should give you some perspective on what is going on:

Red Sox are the favorite.

Tex is close to signing with the Red Sox.

Red Sox won't offer more than 8 years.

Angels are offering the most money.

Angels believe they're out of it.

Nationals are offering the most money.

Orioles are offering the least money.

Orioles are the hometown favorites.

Orioles are out of it.

Yankees are in the mix.

Yankees are out and focusing on Manny.

Yankees could jump in last minute

If what Belkast has said is true and we have the last chance to offer, why would you want teams to think you are going strong for Tex. It's in O's best interest for teams to think we are out of it. In fact, I would hope AM leaked the information that we were out of it. I fully believe Boras leaked to Ravich that Tex was leaning toward his home team. Today's news is a great way to counter that and stay in the weeds until the end.

I may be wrong but I think this is what's happening.

Oh, and I also think AM and the O's are handling Wieters perfectly. I've thought from the beginning they should handle him like Longoria. It looks like they are going to keep him down for contract reasons but are saying he needs a little more seasoning. This may be true but I think the contract is a big part of it. And yet, when they trade Ramon they come out and let him know he is the future and specifically say this was for Matt. Brilliant.

Things are changing. Whether it's AM, Peter or whoever. Whether we sign Tex or not, I like how they are handling things.

Outside of the Red Sox, what is the current posture of the A's, Yanks and Nats? I never saw the Nationals as serious contenders in this process, even considering the 8/160.

Are the Yanks driving up the price for the Sox and O's? Do these other teams still think they are in it. I got the impression the A's were walking away...

You mean the A's are in this now too?! When will it ever stop, I can't take any more.... :eek: (still looking for a smilie with his head banging against a wall).

Archived