The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

I no longer believe that the Orioles have not increased the original offer at this point. I do believe that AM has every reason to keep it quiet. These guys... their sources are not talking.

Any one know whats going on over at the Sox board and the Angels board?

He did say, he wouldn't be the one to break the news. So maybe things are hedging forward...as slow as things are. No news is most times always good news.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone give me a reason they don't like Boras? Like an actual factual reason of something that actually happened and not just opinion.

I don't really dislike him specifically...I just dislike what is happening to the league in general in regards to free agent contracts and I see him as the guy out in front promoting all those things I dislike. In reality Boras is merely taking advantage of a very poorly designed system which MLB refuses to fix.

Can someone give me a reason they don't like Boras? Like an actual factual reason of something that actually happened and not just opinion.

The fact that he refused to communicate with the Orioles for a few years.

Does anyone have the back story on this? I asked earlier but didn't hear back... I remember reading that Boras was quoted as having an issue with a particular member of the Orioles FO and that's why he would not talk to them. This was around the time we drafted Wieters.

Right now, I think we are demonizing Boras because he has Tex's economic interests in mind over our interests in getting Tex home. And that's okay, for now. And because it's popular.

Plus, the BEST at anything is always loved or hated depending on your perspective.

So, nothing happened today? In fact, after a cursory glance at the thread, it seems none of the insiders are optimistic anymore?

Oh vey.

Maybe its tight-lipped time? Who knows? Maybe things are getting very close, maybe not...I sure wish this thing would be over though.

So, nothing happened today? In fact, after a cursory glance at the thread, it seems none of the insiders are optimistic anymore?

Oh vey.

Belkast is as optimistic as he has always been. He still thinks we land Tex, but he admits he was choosing his words poorly earlier.

Bigbird still says no, but he has always said no. Sonny is out of commission for a little bit.

Just hang on.

Personally I think it would take more than Guthrie to obtain Smoak, my initial comment was aimed towards someone saying Markakis and Guth for a Smoak like player, which I think would be absolutely ridiculous.

With all due respect to Guts, and I respect the hell out of him for walking out on Boras, I highly doubt Boras lost any sleep over losing out on Guthrie. Its not like he was a high dollar player of his.

Archived