Give some credit to Hyde

Frobby

I can’t believe they won this game. Once they lost Watkins and Krehbiel gave up the homer to make it 4-0 in the first, I thought they were finished. It easily could have become one of those blowouts where someone like McKenna needs to get on the mound for a couple innings. 

6 hours ago, Snutchy said:

I agree. We've seen a different version of him this year. He is making some very good tactical moves. The record doesn't indicate it, but this team is the best we've seen in about 4 years. To my eyes anyways. 

Is he really any different or does he just have a few more competent pieces?  I don’t think he’s doing much different at all.

But offense being down and the new wall have helped keep runs down and the pitchers are performing.  I don’t know that Hyde has done anything magical for those things.  

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Is he really any different or does he just have a few more competent pieces?  I don’t think he’s doing much different at all.

But offense being down and the new wall have helped keep runs down and the pitchers are performing.  I don’t know that Hyde has done anything magical for those things.  

One thing about Hyde, he’s always been able to get his guys to play hard and he stays on an even keel.   I agree this team just has a little more talent.   

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

So you’re saying the GM gets more credit since those types of things are broader than a field manager level?

Just now, btdart20 said:

So you’re saying the GM gets more credit since those types of things are broader than a field manager level?

Elias absolutely gets some credit for getting some guys in here who are performing and, theoretically, some of the programs that have instituted are helping.

Still, they are 23rd in the league in winning%, so it’s not like he built the ‘27 Yankees.

OK, one problem I had yesterday. With the new extra inning rule, I really think it is a no brainer if it is still tied at home I think it is close to a no brainer to bunt in that situation no matter who is up. He had Santander swinging away to lead off the 10th and  he struck out. McKenna's "wall ball" would have easily scored the runner. Get the bunt down and you are still over 80% to win. It's boring but it works.