Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair statement. But at the same time, you wouldn't expect Roch to just make posts when there's nothing to report, which I think is the issue. It's like he's trying to make a mountain out of a molehill because right now baseball is basically as dead as it's going to be newswise all year.

Whatever, doesn't matter. I can't tell him how to do his job.

I don't know if anyone despises this Tex saga more than Roch.

Just fired off an e-mail to Buster with the Sun article link which MacPhail said the Orioles offer could go up...

I've had enough of this hometown discount crap...

If MacPhail doesn't come out and explicitly say that they HAVE increased their offer, then Olney has to report what he knows as fact.

I get tired of reading posts that refer to players as "money-hungry" or "money-grubbing"s as though they weren't the professionals they are; as though there weren't so incredibly few men with skills like this; with no consideration regarding the astronomical profitability of MLB; and as if there was something immoral or unethical in players both sharing in MLB's profits and working for the most money an employer will give them; or as if the criteria a player uses to determine if he has enough to provide for himself and his family is a public issue upon which your opinion has weight.

I was with you (not agreeing, but respecting your opinion anyway) until that last bit. Sorry, but a guy who makes millions a year isn't having any trouble providing for his family, whether it's $2 million or $20 million.

If MacPhail doesn't come out and explicitly say that they HAVE increased their offer, then Olney has to report what he knows as fact.

He can at least acknowledge that the Orioles are willing to go higher than their original offer which he refuses to do because then the Orioles might look like they have a shot, and that would make his readers upset...

Does he now? Is it now a fact that the O's are depending on a home town discount? And that that is their only chance? I never knew those were facts.

I was with you (not agreeing, but respecting your opinion anyway) until that last bit. Sorry, but a guy who makes millions a year isn't having any trouble providing for his family, whether it's $2 million or $20 million.

He was responding to a comment I made that these players were just "money-hungry" which is a little short-sighted... I thought about it and realized that I do support MLBPA before I support MLB owners.

Eh, I hate being that guy... but I kinda agree with Dan the Man. I don't think Roch's post was all that exciting. I wouldn't have the gall to call Roch out on it though; Roch does a great job doing what he does.

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he didn't post something this afternoon, people would be complaining that he's not researching these rumors for us or getting lazy or assumptions would start arising that something's brewing...He's not going to lead us on if he has no new information to suggest that things are looking good. If you want pure unadulterated optimism, just stay in this thread.

Does he now? Is it now a fact that the O's are depending on a home town discount? And that that is their only chance? I never knew those were facts.

Its fact if you work for ESPN.

Another ESPN fact: The Orioles suck and will always get the short-end of the stick.

ESPN = New York bias.

I find it very strange that there is such a strong discrepancy between the press reports and what ALL THREE of our insiders were saying a week ago. Bigbird, Belkast and Sonny76 all reported that the O's were willing to go as far as 10/$200 mm, and maybe a little higher than that on the money. I realize bigbird's source has been the most pessimistic, but nevertheless we heard 10/$200 mm from him. So how is it that Olney now says we offered 7/$140 mm and haven't budged and won't budge?

Either all three insiders got wrong information, Olney has wrong information, or the O's are playing a very strange game of chicken.

He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he didn't post something this afternoon, people would be complaining that he's not researching these rumors for us or getting lazy or assumptions would start arising that something's brewing...He's not going to lead us on if he has no new information to suggest that things are looking good. If you want pure unadulterated optimism, just stay in this thread.

Nice of you to join us Roch. :laughlol:

Archived