Saturday Night: Game 2 of Fenway Doubleheader, when weather permits

SteveA

My brother (lifelong Dodgers fan), just texted me to thank the O's for Evan Philips.  He's become a huge part of their pitching staff with a slider that has 20 inches of horizontal movement.  He says the pitch is unhittable.

Good for Philips to have some success. 

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

Yeah, I would really like to trade Mullins. Also, he doesn't belong in the top spot of the lineup.

Mountcastle will just swing at everything and it's very frustrating. Does he ever walk or even work the count? 

He has a walk today! but yeah his BB rate last year was a lot better: 41/586 PAs (7%) vs. 6/148, incl. today (4%) this year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

My brother (lifelong Dodgers fan), just texted me to thank the O's for Evan Philips.  He's become a huge part of their pitching staff with a slider that has 20 inches of horizontal movement.  He says the pitch is unhittable.

Good for Philips to have some success. 

But his stats are just so-so. Tampa gave up on him too (after the Os). Another dud from the Gausman trade / O'Day salary dump. Glad that Zimmerman seems promising.

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

He has a walk today! but yeah his BB rate last year was a lot better: 41/586 PAs (7%) vs. 6/148, incl. today (4%) this year.

And the big problem with this team not scoring runs in the 1st is Mullins struggling at the plate. That's why I would take him out of the top spot. He seems to hit a ton of pop ups. 

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Does Melanie Newman do most of the MASN games? I'm just following on Gameday.

She does radio when she’s not doing national games on TV.  Sometimes she’s a sideline reporter on MASN.  I don’t think I recall her doing a MASN TV broadcast.