Saturday Night: Game 2 of Fenway Doubleheader, when weather permits

SteveA

Adley on the usual introductory ride of the highly touted … 

Willie Mays went 0-for-5 in his first game.

The slump continued. He went 1-for-26, his only hit in that initial series of at-bats being a home run off pitching legend Warren Spahn. It happened during a Braves-Giants game that served as Willie Mays’ Polo Grounds debut.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's my ace in the hole anytime someone wants to bring up an Elias reclamation project.

Every team misses on guys they had in their system and finds guys that other teams gave up on.

We’ve done a decent job with reclamation projects but losing Yaz hurts.  He was immediately really good for them. 

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's my ace in the hole anytime someone wants to bring up an Elias reclamation project.

Every team misses on guys they had in their system and finds guys that other teams gave up on.

If there was one guy that I wanted back on this team it would be Hader. That guy is such a good pitcher. Every time I see him I always get sad that he was in the Orioles minor league and they traded him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

If there was one guy that I wanted back on this team it would be Hader. That guy is such a good pitcher. Every time I see him I always get sad that he was in the Orioles minor league and they traded him. 

I hated that trade so much.

Mostly because of the draft pick.

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Wasn't Hader more of an extra piece in the trade?  Was it Hoes that was the main piece?

I don't know how the Astros rated the pieces.

My guess it was

1. Salary relief
  2.  Draft pick
  3.  Hoes
  4.  Hader

The fact that they flipper Hader makes me think he wasn't seen as a key cog.

5 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It’s more pronounced in other ones. I don’t think it is anything negative it just is that he deliberately finishes by swinging the right leg through 

Doesn't put him in good position to field the ball, which is I guess why he K's everybody! At least he doesn't seem to end up off-balance.