Your guess on Tuesday's starter

wildcard

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Seems like 4/5ths of out games are bullpen games recently. 

That may change if Grayson comes up Thursday and Kremer is up in about 10 days. I think Kremer is one good 5 inning start away from a promotion.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That may change if Grayson comes up Thursday and Kremer is up in about 10 days. I think Kremer is one good 5 inning start away from a promotion.

Grayson will help.

Kremer needs to prove a lot more than he has so far. I’d like to see him in a RH Akin role. I’d rather us use the Norfolk shuttle and spread the innings around and try and develop more pieces like Akin, Perez, Bautista, and Lopez. It doesn’t have to be SP or nothing for these guys. 

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I think Baumann and Vespi get called up. Sedlock and Diplan down.Maybe Baumann starting. He lines up 

Baumann was optioned on May 23rd which means he is not eligible for recall until Thursday June 2nd unless there is an injury.

• Like 1

Rodriguez is clearly ready to me. And beyond the obvious reasons for promoting him, our recurring need to fill a spot in the rotation from spare parts will start taxing the bullpen, which has had surprising success in part because we haven’t burned them out early in the season like we always do. And with some not so great starts recently from our rotation, we could start seeing the effectiveness of the bullpen begin to wane. I’d have Bradish start Tuesday on short rest and slot in GR for Wednesday. Someone is going to have to get the short straw to adjust the rotation and Bradish had a short outing last time out. But I’m sure that won’t happen. 

• Upvote 1

I do wonder how long the bull pen can keep performing at the level it has without burning out.  And I think Grayson will help that, but whatever they are waiting on to bring him up, lack of depth of starters is not going to be a factor.