I Think The O’s Have A Shot At 500

ORIOLE33

17 minutes ago, linedrive said:

I'm optimistic and think they'll finish at .500, or pretty close to it. But that also depends on whether or not they make any trades. Either way, the future looks bright!

The problem is any trades are likely to still be looking towards the future. As in the Orioles trade a productive veteran player(s) for a prospect who might not bust out until 2023 or 2024. 

On the flip side as more prospects get playing time maybe they spark the team to play above .500 ball during the second half. 

I want to believe, but the starting pitching and then the bullpen is about to be exposed.

70 wins would be a great season for this team

GRod has the potential to reverse the starting pitching trend, but I don't think he can stem the tide, and one or more of the present starters needs to be replaced  to be able to even make 70 wins

• Upvote 2

On 5/31/2022 at 11:03 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The problem is any trades are likely to still be looking towards the future. As in the Orioles trade a productive veteran player(s) for a prospect who might not bust out until 2023 or 2024. 

On the flip side as more prospects get playing time maybe they spark the team to play above .500 ball during the second half. 

Exactly. I'll remain optimistic and hope they climb to .500.

Tough loss last night. The team is playing well and the bats are coming alive. We’re presently built like are last contending teams with good defense, good bullpen, terrible SP, and a “good” offense.

The offense needs a little more thump, and that should come with players that are struggling starting to perform. Mainly AR and Mullins. 

Losing GR was a blow. Hopefully, we can mash our way through that and piece together games with a strong bullpen and defense. 

19 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Avoiding 100 losses is what I’m looking for. I’d be pretty happy with 70 wins. 

Everything would have to break right for this team to be .500. 

Yeah, I just don’t see it.   Any last hope I had for .500 went out the window with Grayson’s injury.   The starting pitching just isn’t good enough.  But I am still hoping for 70 wins, though I’d bet against it.  

• Upvote 1

For the most part of this year the starters on the other teams have shut this lineup down. The O's seem to get most of their runs against the middle relievers of the opposition. Orioles always seem to be trailing early in games. 65 wins would be a step forward.

• 1 month later...