Dean Kremer 2022

Spy Fox

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

He hangs the slider at times but at Norfolk he faced about 30 LH hitters and NOT EVEN ONE got a hit off of him.   2 walks.  9 strikeouts.   He actually struck out more RH hitters at Norfolk but in terms of walks and hits he was dominant against LH batters.   His stuff makes LH batters look silly when he keeps it down.   The pitch before the double Hosmer was in desperation mode and did a great job to foul the pitch off.   Give the hitter credit.   Vespi made a mistake on the next pitch.  

As far as Kremer, he looks good at times but he lost Martinez after getting ahead of him and he makes his own share of mistakes.

I agree he’s looked good especially when he keeps the slider down. Maybe his ML number versus LHB is an anomaly. Maybe Hyde is going off what he did vs LHB at Norfolk. 

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Missed bats and threw strikes.  

Hell of a turnaround this year.

Yup….looking more like the guy who led the minor league in SO. I’d love for him to have confidence in his CU again. It’s a filthy pitch.

Edited by Il BuonO

15 minutes ago, baltfan said:

We have gone from having no pitching to actually having a nice group of guys between the minors and majors for next year. 

With the rate of pitchers going down with injuries these days, a team in WS contention could really use 7 solid starting options.  Chances are at least 2 of them will miss significant time.

• Upvote 4

A while ago I posted about Kremer, Tate, and Zimmermann being a disappointing return for Machado, Britton, and Gausman. Obviously Manny's a high bar, but if Kremer long term has the stuff and determination he showed in a big game like tonight's, I'll take that rotation piece. Same with Tate who followed Kremer tonight and has become more reliable as a late-inning guy. (Looking forward to seeing what Zimmermann brings to his return, next).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, now said:

A while ago I posted about Kremer, Tate, and Zimmermann being a disappointing return for Machado, Britton, and Gausman. Obviously Manny's a high bar, but if Kremer long term has the stuff and determination he showed in a big game like tonight's, I'll take that rotation piece. Same with Tate who followed Kremer tonight and has become more reliable as a late-inning guy. (Looking forward to seeing what Zimmermann brings to his return, next).

To quote Meatloaf, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

• Upvote 1