Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

I'm suspicious of this article. It almost reads like a crappy blog and isn't linking to any actual source material. Where did they read the actual lawsuit? Why didn't they post pictures of the text? 

I'm not saying it's not real, but be careful where you get your information. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

No but it will be nice when ownership isn’t a complete clown show. I wonder if Elias is working on an exit strategy already.

Get the O’s above .500 as a springboard for greener and less dysfunctional pastures. 

That’s just it. What is the collateral damage from this. What does Elias know? What are his intentions? 

To say this is ugly is the understatement of all time.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Snutchy said:

I'm suspicious of this article. It almost reads like a crappy blog and isn't linking to any actual source material. Where did they read the actual lawsuit? Why didn't they post pictures of the text? 

There is a lawsuit. They aren’t printing that if it’s a joke. This is real. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

As the Angelos world turns. I remember wayyy back in 2006, and for the next 18 years...how I was ridiculed for not buying into the bullshit and seeing these people for who they were.  What ya have to say now? These people are trash, and they have slowly been destroying this franchise little by little, pocketing every penny they can in the process while starving this city and team.  But you have it ALL wrong they said. 

That Nashville comment should be downright frightening to everyone. Well to those who actually give a damn anymore, Aint many left that is for sure. This is a city in crisis and turmoil (which isn't changing anytime soon) while Nashville is absolutely booming, and with a much more business friendly environment.  Imagine what they would give to have a MLB franchise. I bet John Angelos already knows. 

When saying "they won't move" you have to take into account what the new owners see for this city and sports fandom over the next 20-30 years. And what they have witnessed over the last 5. It isn't pretty in either case. I wouldn't be caught dead downtown on a Friday or Saturday night anymore, or else I might literally end up dead. 

These are all factors that play into it all. And if you think MLB is going to stop an owner who is hellbent on moving when that owner can present very valid reasons why they want to move, just watch. This is a business first and foremost.

Angelos didn't have a lot (any) defenders left by 2006.  LOL.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

That’s just it. What is the collateral damage from this. What does Elias know? What are his intentions? 

To say this is ugly is the understatement of all time.  

This is getting into Robert Irsay level territory. When Elias makes moves does he get opposing opinions from the brothers? This is bad. 

3 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Complete denial. After all these years and all the BS. 

3 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Fenton and Prudhente were two of the best Baltimore Sun writers and are not known for lies and smears.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The Nashville comment may also be desired hyperbole. 

Wjhat would be the point of putting that in a lawsuit, directed at a family member. 

This wasn't a quote to a newspaper for effect. 

I view it as a credible threat and a small peak into the mind of a person who has absolutely no allegiance to this city, only to the business that is the Baltimore Orioles.