Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

21 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

WBAL TV had nothing about the fued this morning. WBAL radio has nothing about this and nothing on their website Heard three Oriole commercials I guess since they are the radio flagship they are quiet for now All the other three TV stations that have local news have it on their website.

I think moving to Nashville is definitely in play  A growing city and John Angelos lives there.We shall see,plus the lease expires next year.

He can’t sell the team and move it to Nashville at the same time. If the team was to move it wouldn’t be sold. 

Sell the team, let John buy the A’s and move them to Nashville. Everybody is happy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He can’t sell the team and move it to Nashville at the same time. If the team was to move it wouldn’t be sold. 

Sell the team, let John buy the A’s and move them to Nashville. Everybody is happy. 

I wonder if John just wants money and get out of the family business and end up in Nashville????

Except the A's, since they're now owned by an Angelos.

Although wouldn't it be just peak Orioles to have John Angelos buy the A's and turn them into a dynasty?

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I wonder if John just wants money and get out of the family business and end up in Nashville????

I am as guilty as anyone speculating. 

There is no evidence the team is going to stay in the family. If that is true then how do they move anywhere?  The new owner would have to move them. 

It’s the same script every time a team moves. The existing owner complains about the current stadium situation and moves the team using that justification. Look at the Rams, Raiders and Chargers. Same script.

This market has its issues but the stadium is not one of them. 

6 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Except the A's, since they're now owned by an Angelos.

Although wouldn't it be just peak Orioles to have John Angelos buy the A's and turn them into a dynasty?

Yeah…

I was just having a little fun. 

Do I think it’s possible John would like to own a team in Nashville, of course it is. Do I think it’s even a remote possibility? No.  

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey John, if you’re reading this, no one gives a chicken fried f*** about your wife’s country music production company.

Move to Nashville, sell the team and leave it here. Everyone wins, you ****ing pinecone. 

The family already has a house in Nashville.

After marrying and entering into a state of financial stability (her husband is Baltimore Orioles executive John Angelos), Valentine got the itch to pick music back up again. Instead of pursuing a solo career, she decided to focus on songwriting and relocated to Nashville in 2014.

The lawsuit Frobby provided shows the address of everyone. 

I wonder how often John is in Baltimore? Does he run the team from Nashville all the time? I assume he still has some place of residence here. 

Yes, I have heard he had a condo here and a house in Nashville. News is from 2019,things change 

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I am as guilty as anyone speculating. 

There is no evidence the team is going to stay in the family. If that is true then how do they move anywhere?  The new owner would have to move them. 

It’s the same script every time a team moves. The existing owner complains about the current stadium situation and moves the team using that justification. Look at the Rams, Raiders and Chargers. Same script.

This market has its issues but the stadium is not one of them. 

I didnt do any speculation, other than, I wonder if John wants out, and this is his MO to get money and run.

You look at the other scripts, they didnt have OPCY and in the case of Al Davis, maybe a more lose cannon than the Angelos. 

There is no evidence the team is selling and moving.

Not that we need to repeat this over a silly rumor concocted from a lawsuit but:

Baltimore and Nashville are basically the same size media market (#s 28 and 29 by Nielsen)

Baltimore metro area (not to include DC) has 800k more people than Nashville's (see wiki and other sources)

Baltimore has Camden Yards, Nashville has a 10,000 seat AAA stadium.

Baltimore has a long history of major league teams going back to the 1870s, with multiple championships, to go along with a dynastic minor league team in the first half of the 1900s.  Nashville has a history of AA and AAA teams, subservient to some MLB team since at least 1934.

At first glance the only positive I can see from doing this would be the few seasons of sugar high ticket sales the team would get from being the new thing.

I cannot help but think that as ugly as may seem, it is good.  Lift the lid, open the windows.  The stench may offend, but this lawsuit may well speed up the process that is the roadblock to completing this rebuild.

The Orioles must be sold.  Hey hey hey ho, Angelos family has to go!

In the short run, sounds like Elias will have to continue to trade talent, tread water, collect top drafts...So, contention seems to be....2 years after completed sale?

Can't the MLB just seize the team?

• Upvote 1