Heston Kjerstad 2022

joelala

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

His first double hit off the wall. You could tell he thought it was gone off the bat. Was real close.

Yeah, I was going to post the same. Looked like he paused to admire his home run but he got into 2nd in plenty of time.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Kjerstad's swing looks really smooth.  Effortless power.  I don't think he'll need the swing rework that Cowser got/needed.

Of course not. This is the #2 overall pick we’re talking about, not some measly 5th guy taken.

• Haha 2

If they moved him to Aberdeen tomorrow, I would be more than happy.

But I’m also not concerned about getting him there this fast.  I would like to see him get 200ish at bats at Aberdeen.  That would mean if he is up in early July, he should get around that number.  So, for me, giving him another 2-3 weeks in Delmarva is fine.  If he is completely tearing it up in between now and then and you move him faster, so be it but that’s my timetable.

And no, I don’t feel the need for him to get tons of at bats at Delmarva.  I’m treating Delmarva as almost a rehab assignment/ST for him.  

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If they moved him to Aberdeen tomorrow, I would be more than happy.

But I’m also not concerned about getting him there this fast.  I would like to see him get 200ish at bats at Aberdeen.  That would mean if he is up in early July, he should get around that number.  So, for me, giving him another 2-3 weeks in Delmarva is fine.  If he is completely tearing it up in between now and then and you move him faster, so be it but that’s my timetable.

And no, I don’t feel the need for him to get tons of at bats at Delmarva.  I’m treating Delmarva as almost a rehab assignment/ST for him.  

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

He seems to have his rhythm down. Batting average up to .435 through three plate appearances today. Would like to see him moved up to Aberdeen on Tuesday and hopefully to Bowie by the ASB.

One level at a time for me. Given all he’s been through, Aberdeen for an extended period is just fine with me unless he overwhelms there too. Very happy for him. Might be the best story so far with GRod’s dominance #2. 

The goal should be for him to start in Bowie next year.  Puts him on a track to be in the majors next year if all goes well or early 2024.  

That would be fine.  He lost time but they can make up for some of that by moving him through the system quickly if all goes well.  

He’s a college guy that played at the highest level of college competition.

The thing I’m curious about is the power.  He was said to have tremendous power and while I don’t expect the homers to come immediately, I’m wondering if what he went through hurts any of the power he had. I’m anxious to see that part of his game.